9 Years Ago Today - RNY

JB1114
on 7/9/17 6:12 pm, edited 7/10/17 5:58 pm - Grain Valley, MO

Nine years ago today was my day for WLS. The first few days I questioned if it was the right thing to do, but I did come to be very happy with my decision. The first year I lost 70 pounds. Instead of forging ahead and losing another 20 lbs., I didn't work at it. I was so happy to shop in the misses department and being off all my meds except thyroid.

That first year I was so careful about what I ate, but eventually, I made bad choices here and there. I maintained my loss for several years but I did have some regain in the last 2 years. I'm working on getting off those extra pounds. We're moving next month so I went thru my closet and all but 2 or 3 garments still fit. Pants I bought in 2009 still fit and I'm proud of that.

I still don't do well in a restaurant. I've never been a fan of fast food so that's never a problem. I tend to order what sounds really good and after a few bites I'm full. Then, I will overeat and feel miserable. I still eat too fast.

Fortunately, sugar makes me sick, but at times I eat too many sweets and pay for it. I cook for my husband and adult son. Much of the time I don't take the time to make things I like and need to eat. I eat what they eat but less of it. I'm working on taking better care of myself in that regard.

I've never had any regrets after the first 4 days. If I could lose another 20 lbs., I would have the surgery again. I need to lose 10 lbs. to get back where I was 8 years ago and would like to take off another 20 lbs.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

MajorMom
on 7/10/17 4:50 pm - VA

Happy Surgiversary, Jo!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Roz !!!!
on 7/12/17 1:02 pm - Butler, PA

Congrats on your Surgiversary!!!!! I'm going to be 9 years out in October so I know what an accomplishment you have achieved.

Did you post back then? I'm trying to picture you. Did you have another site name?

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

JB1114
on 7/12/17 5:18 pm - Grain Valley, MO

I started posting here in 2008 prior to surgery. I've always had the same site name. I mainly posted on the Missouri board but the woman that kept it going moved to Puerto Rio or some country and people quit posting.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 474 views