Menus and Miles Wednesday Aug. 9th

Roz !!!!
on 8/9/17 9:19 am - Butler, PA

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!! AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!! THEY ARE ADDICTING!! THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!! THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD CHOICES during the Honeymoon Period.

I feel I need to repeat this: I am a FIRM believer in Good Whey Protein Drinks!!!!! It is sooooo much harder to do Maintenance without them!

Happy Over the hump day!! Having a late lunch or none at all because I have a Drs. Appt. this afternoon. I hope I don't get behind in my Protein.

8+ years out

Protein: Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Cheese

Snack: Nuts Cheese and Berry snack pack

Protein: Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Snack:

Dinner:

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Ginnny
on 8/9/17 9:37 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op RNY 16 mos tomorrow

Good morning! Up and ready for the gym. Wednesday is our pool day. I would have loved to roll over and sleep a little longer.

Got out for my walk yesterday but think I will take a break today. Tonight my Trucker's son is going home (he lives in Calgary) so we are taking him out to dinner before he catches his plane. Not sure where but I know, protein for me!

B - 1 egg, 1/4 cup egg white omelet with peppers/onion/15 gr tex mex cheddar

S - oikos greek yogurt - key lime

L - taco salad, 4 oz ground beef on lettuce and cukes, catalina, tex mex, sour cream

S - 6 slices thin sliced deli turkey with 1 slice marble cheddar

D - TBD

Totals so far - Cal 776, Carbs 34 protein 77

Have a good day everyone.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Roz !!!!
on 8/10/17 12:47 pm - Butler, PA

That's great you are still going to the gym. I never started exercising because I knew I'd never keep up with it.

Looks good but Hope you got more Protein in.

Roz

on Maintenance

Ginnny
on 8/10/17 12:55 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I sure did! I had an open face club house for dinner so chicken breast, bacon, and cheese! YUMMERS.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

HonestOmnivore
on 8/9/17 10:22 am
RNY on 03/29/17

4 mo post RNY

B-Premier Protein 30g bar

MS- rest of above

L- Tuna Packet

AS- rest of above

D- Beef Brisket and 4 oz craft beer

ES- Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate shake

Total Calories: 818 Protein: 98 Carbs: 36 Sugar: 9 Fat: 29

Exercise: 30 minute swim for sure... 2 mile run if I can get it in!

We have an after-work event tonight at a local bar. I'm going to have a "half pour" which is actually 4 oz of beer. I love love love craft beer but thanks to my RNY just an ounce or two will do it for me. I looked up the food trucks that will be there and I can get a 4 oz serving of beef brisket which is a good option! My plan is to go, buy my team a round of drinks, play some ten pin bowling (it's the theme of the bar) then head to the gym by 7pm. Swim then go home and mow the tiny yard! If after mowing it's not too dark, I'll go for a run. I have been prioritizing my exercise over keeping up the house and I now have a hay field for a yard!

Yesterday I had dinner with friends at my house. I smoked a whole filet of salmon and it was delicious! Unfortunately I had a slice of whole grain bread dipped in EVOL while we waited for dinner to be ready. The bread was a sprouted grain type so it didn't raise my total carbs over 30 so I really don't think it was an issue, other than the additional calories? Thoughts?

The 4 oz. of beer would make it a two days in a row alcohol thing which means I'll have maxed out my drinks for the week. I'm OK with that, even knowing that as it's beer I will likely drink less than half of my third of a serving. I love that post RNY I can enjoy the taste of beer and feel totally happy with just a sip or two. I hope this lasts forever! Cheapest date ever!

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

Roz !!!!
on 8/10/17 12:54 pm - Butler, PA

I'm probably the cheapest date - I drink water...LOL. I'm glad you are able to enjoy your drinks/food and still stay on track. I've said from the beginning that I'm going to enjoy what I like to eat because this is not a diet and I'm going to be doing this the rest of my life. It's work for me. I honestly think it's the over eating and taking those extra bites that gets us in trouble.

Good Attitude!

Roz

on Maintenance

MajorMom
on 8/9/17 3:04 pm - VA

Happy Surgiversary to me!

Hi guys,

MENU: (DS Maintenance Mode)
Pre-B - 2 protein coffees (60g)
B - Greek yogurt w/blueberries and almonds
S - peanuts
L - Caesar salad and chips
S - protein shake (30g)
D - bacon wrapped shrimp and coleslaw
S - CarbSmart ice cream
S - fresh salsa and nachos

VITES:
morning batch: done
calcium batches:
evening batch: done
heme iron: pending

MILES:
standing at the computer all day
stairs

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Roz !!!!
on 8/10/17 12:57 pm - Butler, PA

YEAH GINA!!!!!! Ten years....you are my HERO!!! I'm so glad you are still here posting!!!

Sounds Great!!!

Roz

on Maintenance

MarinaGirl
on 8/9/17 4:38 pm, edited 8/9/17 9:39 am

4 MONTHS POST MGB SURGERY

Almost at goal weight! Spending summer living with and caring for infirm family members so pretty busy preparing all meals for the house, home repairs, and lots of appointments, et al. I go go go everyday but am blessed to be able to take time out of my normal life to do this.

Menu:

B - 1 egg scrambled with Parmesan cheese & a little chorizo; side of avocado & cherry tomatoes; 2 small spoonfuls of refried beans

S1 - Mixed nuts

S2 - 1 small roasted chicken wing

L - Premier Protein (vanilla) blended with Unjury unflavored protein powder, hemp hearts & fresh organic raspberries

D - TBD (possibly Italian sausage with spicy tomato sauce and spinach salad with carrots & celery, and pasta for others)

S3 - 1 small apricot with cottage cheese

Miles:

3-4 walks with the dog; total distance: 3-4 miles

Roz !!!!
on 8/10/17 1:01 pm, edited 8/10/17 6:01 am - Butler, PA

How's the mini MGB Surgery working for you? I don't know any one else who has had it. Do you still dump if you eat to much food or sugar? How much have you lost since April?

Do you feel restriction?

I was wondering about this for my daughter. What BMI did you start with?

Good Job on the Protein!!

Roz

on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 470 views
Still kickin'...