Lets start some chatter?? Victories or celebrations coming up this week?

italianspice
on 10/1/17 7:47 am, edited 10/1/17 4:49 pm - Eastlake, OH

Good morning!

Just checking in.

Been a tough week with work and my parents. No real relief in sight.

So challenges this week is to be prepared. Have lunches planned and packed for work. Going to try to make a couple of meals so my parents and my family will have some good options over the next couple of days.

Victories or Celebrations?

Meet up with a dear friend I met over 7 years ago on this board. So good to have someone in the same place on this journey!

Struggling with maintenance but we would not change a thing. Our tool still works when we work our tools. So for you newbies out there, really take advantage of the honeymoon period!

Trying not to let the scale get to me, maintaining, which is good but would love to get back into the 130's, but trying not get discouraged!

Beautiful day today! Going to watch my granddaughter play soccer and hopefully get a walk in too!

Have an amazing day!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

HonestOmnivore
on 10/2/17 9:27 am
RNY on 03/29/17

Can you tell us newbs more about the physical changes post honeymoon period? Does your WLS tool just work less well? Or is there some other metabolism shift that makes it harder to lose? I've been trying to focus on leading a healthy lifestyle, by building a lot of physical activity into my daily life. This weekend I got a puppy who I'm hoping will become my running partner for the next 8 to 10 years. I'm trying to incorporate a bike commute into my work routine, and spending time at the gym for weights and swimming.

What else can I do now, during my honeymoon, to help set myself up to win long term?

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

italianspice
on 10/4/17 4:12 am, edited 10/3/17 9:12 pm - Eastlake, OH

Its hard to explain the physical changes. For me slowly as I got further away from surgery

I forgot that my RNY was a tool, not a cure for my morbid obesity

I quit journaling my food, weighing and measuring.

Got lazy about drinking enough water, too much coffee and tea.

I can eat more now. Got into the habit of grazing especially with stress. Menopause, insomnia, and hormone therapy, slowed things down a bit too.

Avoiding the scale and not journaling my food, were my 2 biggest mistakes.

I have heard, not sure it is true, but I know the human body is amazing, and that we do lose some of our malabsorption.

You are doing an amazing job, and if we keep doing the things we learn in the honeymoon period, success will be yours!

But the beauty is that my tool still works after 7 years.

~Maria

MajorMom
on 10/2/17 4:49 pm - VA

You definitely have to keep up the self-discipline...low volume on the food, low carb, vitamins and exercise.

My enforced victory at work is the 3d floor bathrooms are closed for repair for 3 months and we have to take the stairs down to the next floor and I have to go several times during the day.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

italianspice
on 10/4/17 3:50 am - Eastlake, OH

Thanks Gina!

Low carb worked well for me as a preop, and it sure still makes a huge difference in my post op life. Love not feeling hungry all the time.

Love your victory, stairs are one of those things, I hate, but love to do! You feel like right away!

~Maria

Ginnny
on 10/3/17 6:27 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

This week (Thursday) I will celebrate my birthday!! I don't get too caught up in it, it really is just another day. I still have to get out of bed and go to work, LOL.

I hope your week is a good one, good luck with your parents.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

italianspice
on 10/4/17 3:46 am - Eastlake, OH

Best wishes to you Ginny on your birthday! Make sure you do something nice for yourself!

Love my birthdays now, feel way better in my fifties than I did in my forties!

~Maria

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views