Weight gain etcetera...

Eattoliv4life
on 1/25/18 10:39 am
VSG on 10/18/16

Good morning,

It has been a while since I've been on here. I am doing well. How y'all doin? ;)

I had surgery 14 months ago. Recovery went well. My goal weight is still 130 - 135lbs. My low weight was 147 lb****ting 147 lbs was sooo Exciting!! I have experienced some weight gain. Now I'm up to weighing 160.

The weight gain has had me a little concerned. I am hoping that I can lose it. Any suggestions?

I went back to some of my old habits. I enjoyed eating carbs, off-and-on, for a while. It's time to go back to eating healthier. I'll be back on track starting today. :)

The over-all Saggy skin can be a real bummer at times... Fortunately, I can cover up the majority of it with my clothes. I finally like the way I look in my clothes. I am Still getting use to being at a healthy weight.

My "new" face is what's bothering me. My face didn't sag much or have wrinkles before the surgery. I am adjusting to the "new" me. I'm thinking about getting a mini facelift.

Happy to say that My hair loss has stopped for the most part. I have plenty of new growth which is very Exciting :) I hope to have thick hair once again.

Over all, I am pleased with my my surgery results. No regrets. Happy Days!!!

VSG:10/18/16, HW:229, SW:217, GW:130, Height 5'6''

Roz !!!!
on 1/25/18 12:31 pm - Butler, PA

Nice to see you posting!!!! I'm excited that you are determined to get back on track! If you get back to eating proteins and leaving the carbs behind you might be surprised to see the scales move at a quick pace. Sometimes our body's need a rest and then a jump start.

I have wrinkles too but at 64 they don't bother me that much. I'd love a boob reconstruction more than anything. I wish I had a rich family member or friend who would volunteer to pay for it....LOL.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

italianspice
on 1/26/18 3:59 am - Eastlake, OH

Yes it is possible to get rid of the regain!

I am 7 years post op and have lost 29 pounds since June of 2017.

I started journaling every bite on my fitness pal.

Ate protein first and got rid of refined carbs.

still trying to drink more water

Get back to basics and you can do this!

i try to look at my saggy skin as a reminder of how far I have come. My boobs are deflated and now my neck is sagging! But sure beats having diabetes!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

TheRealMeWithin
on 1/26/18 12:09 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17
MarinaGirl
on 1/27/18 6:40 pm

Pouch reset is a bogus fad diet. Someone invented it as a way to sell stuff. You can't "reset" your pouch. Instead, you will be better served focusing on lifestyle changes, such as dense protein first, veggies second, minimal simple carbs, great hydration, tracking what you eat each day, don't drink your calories, don't drink with food, etc.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/28/18 5:53 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I had a mini facelift a year ago to get rid of the jowls I had after my formerly moon face got smaller. I was thrilled with the results. 6 weeks ago I had eyelid and brow lift surgery. I am 62.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 277 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 402 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views