Recent Posts

seashelltwins123
on 5/23/23 11:08 am
VSG on 04/16/15
FinallyBecomingMe
on 11/10/22 12:31 am
Topic: RE: 12 Year Surgiversary!

Oh my Gosh Lee its So Great !! to hear from you !

Under 100 enviable lbs ? Congratulations Im sure Ure as beautiful as ever... still enjoying Cali coastal living?

Im the former Meeow 1 and 2 ..... have been forced to make a few new accounts over the years because the old ones simply stopped working right . Its a shame - wish i had a few of those old pics and posts lol.

Well lets see what happened w me ... I got married about a year post op and divorced about four years later ( Sandy and an out of control adult stepson helped) . Still have the house the hubby failed to pay any mortgage on for years - negotiating with the bank now to buy them out . Its hard since everyone with real estate imagines they're sitting on a gold mine - they actually had the nerve to demand a hundred thousand more than i owe up front lol! ( a long sale lol? )

Keeping my weight stable , my health is good Thank God and now Im applying for the Yale School of Drama and attending art school six days per week. I also help take care of my very competent Parents in Florida in the winters and am traveling regularly ... to Mexico ( Dr S) a month ago and working in Japan n Shanghai in late Febuary. Miss U !
The only board that works on here anymore is the daily menu n exercise thread on the RNY board . See you there I hope !

Koko10
on 11/8/22 5:16 am - NC
Topic: RE: 10 years today

Hi Linda, I have not been on in 6 years and you can definitely tell with me. My weight gain has steadily increased due to COVID and stress eating. Glad you are back and hope you are happy with your move.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

Linda B.
on 9/13/22 6:46 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
Topic: 10 years today

Hi Everyone, I haven't been on OH in a long time. Work, skating, and family have kept me pretty busy. However, I moved to ND last year to be closer to family. I just found a job much closer to home, so now, I may be able to jump on and say hi more often.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Lee ~
on 2/28/22 6:17 am - CA
Topic: 12 Year Surgiversary!

Is anyone still around here? I haven't been in years but today touched a bookmark that brought me here. I hope everyone has weathered Covid! I've had a rough few years. Medically gained 37 pounds that I shed again during Covid. In four pounds I'll be back to -100. I'm grateful for my life and the abundance in my life.

Be well everyone!

xoxoxo

Lee

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Sharon H.
on 6/25/21 5:04 am
Topic: RE: Low Ferritin - 15 years post-op

I was able to get the infusions so have them appeal. I think mine were because of gastric bypass and my ferritin was 7 at my first infusion. I check about every 3 months or so. Just have the ferritin run. My oncologist (not sure what else to call him because he primarily does oncology) topped me off at 18 I think and you know what I have been fine ever since!

So get them to appeal based on complications of gastric bypass. That may help put it through. Good luck!!!

Sharon

Sharon H.
on 6/25/21 4:57 am
Topic: RE: Just Checking in with the Lightweights

Hey Roz!

I've been on a winding journey. My exDH passed 1/17/2020. It's been hard for Evan and me. While DH and I had divorced we stayed very close.

I had regained quite a bit of my original loss. My endo was working with me on the reactive hypoglycemia and knew how frustrated I was since we couldn't get it under control. He also knew how much I had regained. He started me on trulicity about two years ago which really stabilized my hypoglycemia as well as starting a huge weight loss journey. I went from 193 down to 179 within a year. He changed me to ozempic in May 2020 and I am at 148 this morning. I'm really proud of my weight loss. I'm happy if I stay at this weight or if I lose another 10# which would reach goal. Either way my BMI is normal and my hypoglycemia is under control!!! I think another 5k could be in my future ?

In April I blacked out and fell and banged my head off the toilet. Yep, only me. Then I fell and hit the end table. Pretty sure left side but it could have been both. Somehow I ended up on the couch. I even called someone and didn't know I did it! My DH took me to the ER where A HUGE shiner started on my left eye. The ER released me and while I was getting ready to leave, I fell over and hit my head off the floor on the right side. Ha! They admitted me for three days. Now I have a serious concussion and have not been able to work since 4/23. My concussion Dr. Will re-evaluate on 8/24. WOOT. Now my eyes, memory, concentration, cognitive and balance are all messed up as well as my brain.

It's great to see you and hear all the great news about the fam! Sorry about DH but I'm really glad you're here in Da Burgh because you're right, best care on the planet!

Sharon

Jennifer K.
on 4/28/21 10:02 am - Phoenix , AZ
Topic: Post Iron Infusion Dizziness

Question: Has anybody experience delayed side effects from iron infusion? Or any change in symptoms after having a transfusion?

Background: I had my first iron infusion 4/15 due to low ferritin. I have been struggling with this since August and have been under doctors care, she had me triple my oral iron with very little success. I had no side effects after the first iron infusion - I saw maybe a 10-15% improvement in how I was feeling and was still experiencing dizziness, lethargy and low energy levels. I had my 2nd infusion this past Thursday 4/22, no side effects at the time. With this infusion I am seeing a 50-60% improvement so far in dizziness, lethargy and energy levels.

Last night I wa**** with extreme dizziness, I laid down and went to bed. Slept fine, felt fine when I woke up and when I went to get out of bed I felt like I was drunk. I was very dizzy, uncoordinated and foggy. Best I can equate it to is if you stayed up late drinking and woke up and was still under the influence. I called and spoke with the on-call Dr and he said this would be a very delayed response to the iron and felt its something else, referring me back to my PCP. I am currently awaiting a call back from my primary. Ive been awake for 5 hours now and most of the symptoms have subsided but I still feel "weird" and "off", again kind of like when you are hungover and your equilibrium is off and have brain fog.

TIA for any feedback.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Jennifer K.
on 3/30/21 9:25 am - Phoenix , AZ
Topic: Low Ferritin - 15 years post-op

Has anybody experienced low ferritin that is 5 years out or further from surgery?

I've been taking my vits/supps daily since surgery, get blood work annually and until two years ago have not had an ongoing issue with iron until now. My last physical in 2019 it was low, they had me add additional iron, did a recheck at 90 days it was improved, reduced the iron, did a recheck at 6 months and all was fine. I stopped the additional iron at that point (my multi has iron). My 2020 physical in August it was extremely low, I had been feeling sluggish, tired and issues with dizziness and that was attributed to the low ferritin. The dr had me taking iron 2 times a day on top of the multi, recheck at 90 days and it improved slightly, she then switched to 3 times a day, another recheck 90 days later (6 months) and it was slightly improved, she had me start tapering down the iron, recheck again in 90 days (9 months) and it was low so they sent me for an endo/colonscopy. Just had a follow up with the GI who said both tests came back fine as well as biopsies and they have no answer as to why and are chalking it up to the gastric bypass. She suggested I go back to the triple iron. They are looking into the cost locally of iron infusions and stated it would be a complete out of pocket cost because insurance will not cover since I am not considered anemic since its only the ferritin that is low.

Looking to see if anybody has had a similar experience and what the reason/treatment path was they followed.

Thanks!

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

STLfan
on 2/1/21 9:37 am
Topic: Still kickin'...
Good Morning Friends, I have been absent from this site for a long time. I have recovered mostly from strokes a couple of years ago and I am now reading again and staying home mostly. I had a bit of a problem with my DS and had a revision year and a half ago called "kissing the X". After the strokes I had no interest in food and slowly I became malnourished although the labs held steady??? So I am at 175# up from 145#. I will try to get back and visit again soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views