fromfattohealthy’s Posts

fromfattohealthy
on 2/13/18 8:21 am
Topic: RE: Seriously a slow loser...

I am not sure where exactly I fit in on these boards.

1. I am a revision
  2. I started at 235.5lbs (at 5'0)

At my last appointment they called me a slow loser. I thought I was doing great. I have lost 68lbs - my surgery from band to bypass was in May 2017. My weight loss has definitely slowed down a lot.

I work out A LOT. I actually enjoy it. Working out is the easy part for me. I do cardio every morning at 5am and then in the evening I do some type of strength training, High intensity training (bootcamp style workouts)

I feel great other than I really want to lose another 30ish pounds. My measurements are the same as when I was 155lbs (so about 12lbs smaller than I am) which leads me to believe my years of working out and weight training have paid off.

I am so worried that I am done losing. I am approaching month 9 and just so discouraged.

I track everything and lately I am soooo hungry in between snacks and meals - I was trying to research what calories should look like at this time and everyone said something different (I was seeing a lot of 900 cals and I am closer to 1000) and AHHHHH.

Help meee....

also I saw this and was wondering how accurate it might be

It's not POUNDS, it's PERCENTAGES!
by Carolyn M.

Two people, both 6 months post-op. One has lost only 63 pounds and feels bad about her "slow" weight loss. The other has lost 96 pounds and thinks she's doing great.

They are both wrong.

Person A had only 105 excess pounds, so she has already lost 60% of her excess weight. She is actually ahead of the game at 6 months out and is on track to lose it ALL.

Person B had 265 excess pounds. At 6 months out she has only lost 36% of her excess weight. At this rate, she will end up retaining 28% of her excess weight, enough to keep her in the obese category.

See what I mean? Don't compare pounds to pounds, that's like apples and oranges.

Percent of excess weight lost: pounds lost divided by total excess pounds
Use a BMI of 25 as a goal weight

On track to lose it all is 25% lost after 2 months, 50% after 6 months, and 80% at one year.

Please note: These are averages. Your mileage may vary.

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

fromfattohealthy
on 1/22/18 8:08 am
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Monday January 22nd

I thought I would come to this forum and start posting.

Breakfast - Chocolate peanut butter shake with skim Milk

Snack - Greek yogurt and frozen wild blueberries

Lunch - Fish (basa) and sweet potato

Snack - Cheese string & unsalted cashews

Dinner - Eggs (my go to!)

Miles:

45 minutes of cardio (5am this morning)

Tonight - 1 hour of strength training (bootcamp style)

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

fromfattohealthy
on 4/20/17 12:27 pm
Topic: RE: What is a "light weight?"

Thank you, I suppose that does not apply to me :)

fromfattohealthy
on 4/20/17 8:25 am
Topic: RE: What is a "light weight?"

Please explain :)

I was called a "light weight" on another board....first time for everything. Definitely don't feel like one :)

RNY Surgery is May 16, 2017

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views