ds123’s Posts

ds123
on 3/6/17 5:40 pm
ds123
on 3/6/17 5:25 pm
Topic: RE: Question

Hi Beth! I'm 5'1" and my HW was 201. SW 186. I had a VSG last Tuesday and was 177 yesterday. My goal is somewhere around 125. I have not been at my GW in around 25 years... looking forward to it!!

ds123
on 3/3/17 11:19 am
Topic: RE: Surgery was Tuesday!

Thanks. I think I'm still in shock that I actually did it. :) I'm excited to continue to move forward! How do you get a little ticker on the bottom of your page?

ds123
on 3/3/17 2:32 am
Topic: RE: Surgery was Tuesday!

I came home today. I did very well in the hospital and the incision pain is very manageable. I'm on full liquids and I cannot even begin to take in what they've asked of me. I sip. If I sip two in a row I get cramps and a big gas bubble wants to come up. Lots of gurgling noises in my stomach and intestines! Noisy!! Water seems to go down ok but i can't go fast, for sure. The stuff with more substance seems to make me crampy. Am I going too fast?

ds123
on 2/23/17 7:51 pm
Topic: RE: Pre-surgery liquid diet

I have noticed that not every program requires it. Some just require 1000 cal restriction. My surgeon does require the two week liquid protein shake diet. Brutal. Trust me. The first four days were the hardest. I'm not hungry, just emotional. 

ds123
on 2/23/17 7:46 pm
Topic: RE: Opinion pls

I've gotten the same comments. My BMI was around 37. People kept saying 'just stop eating' or 'just go on a diet'. Sure, why not do it...again and again and again and .... see where I'm going? I'm almost there and I've been on the pre-op shakes for about 9 days. I've lost another 12 lbs in the last 6 weeks so my bmi is now just under 35. You have to do what's right for you. This is your body, your life. 

ds123
on 2/18/17 3:23 pm
Topic: RE: My weight loss Goal met.

I'm 43 and at the starting point...where you were 9 months ago! How has your journey been? It's great to see success!

ds123
on 2/18/17 2:59 pm
Topic: RE: Getting close

So I am on day 5 of my pre op liquid diet. I am having a VSG on 2/28 and I am absolutely petrified!! This liquid diet is torture... to say the least. I have lost 4.6lb in one week! I am what some would consider a WLS lightweight. My BMI is around 36 but it was over 37 when i started the process. I have about 60lbs to lose to get to my own personal goal of 130. My surgeon is also happy with that goal. My question: is it possible for me to lose too much weight? I don't want to look sick, I just want to be healthy. I guess that's a strange question.  How was everyone's appetite after surgery? 

ds123
on 8/14/16 7:08 pm
Topic: RE: All testing is finished!

9 years post op! I like hearing that. I worry about long term effects. Not with weight loss as I know that will always be a battle but with things like pancreatitis, gall bladder issues, digestive issues...I just don't want to walk into a lion's den of health problems. I mean, aside from carrying the extra weight (which puts me at risk for a lot of issues as well) I'm otherwise pretty healthy...for now. My joints hurt...for sure. What surgery did you have?

ds123
on 8/12/16 3:00 pm
Topic: RE: All testing is finished!

Sooo..... I've finished all my pre testing. The only abnormal things that were discovered~ my good cholesterol should be higher, my bad cholesterol should be lower, some vitamin levels are mildly low and I have a hiatal hernia. Other than that, everything is pretty good. I'm incredibly nervous! I'm 5'1" 201 and my gw is 125-130. (personal goal) I don't go by the BMI charts. Anyone else out there with similar stats? My Aunt has basically the same stats as me and had her surgery late may. She's already lost 35lbs and feels great. It is so helpful to see her do well.

ds123
on 7/6/16 12:48 pm
Topic: RE: Menus and Miles Wed. June 6th

Did you have milk with your cheerios?  Sounds like a silly question but I'm curious. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views