Gin820’s Posts

Gin820
on 3/31/17 11:54 am
Topic: RE: What finally made up your mind?

I know this is a little older post, but wanted to respond anyway. I'm new here and have my first appointment next week so I'm not sure how long it will be until surgery.

My reasons for going through with WLS are many. I am 5'1" and weigh 256 lbs. My BMI is about 48. I am a type 2 diabetic with uncontrolled blood sugars often in the 500's. I also have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and fatty liver disease. I've thought about this for years, but saw my primary practitioner last week who asked me if I have ever considered it. I made a snap decision right then and there. I am tired of the struggles. I have been diabetic for 10 years and have struggled losing and regaining the last 30 pounds for nearly 15 years. I have 2 teenage sons and I am only 34. I am a single mom and I want to be around for them. Right now I am leaning towards RNY because it offers the best result statistically. I know you can be successful with all WLS and that it depends on your efforts, but I feel RNY is the best choice for me. Of course I still need to meet with the surgeon so I might change my mind.

My family is upset. My mom and sister are both MO but think I should just lose it myself. I have tried. It won't stay off. I've even worked out and ate right for an entire years just to lose 10 pounds and gain back 20. So frustrating. In the end we have to do what's right and best for us.

Best of luck!

Gin820
on 3/31/17 11:28 am
Topic: RE: Hello

Hi, I'm Ginni. I think I belong in this group. My current weight is 256 and my goal is 115 pounds. So I need to lose about 141 pounds. I am just starting this journey and have my first appointment next week with the nurse and nutritionist. I am so excited to be taking the first step!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views