terrified

whisperingliz
on 3/14/08 10:15 am - paramount, CA
Weighed 365 pounds, went down to 205 after wls, now I weigh 217. Going on my fifth month of pregnancy, have gained 12 pounds and i know i have more to go. I am horrified that when I have my baby in august I wont be able to lose the weight I've gained during pregnancy. I have been eating a lot more than before, and that's another reason why i'm freaking out, that the appetite i have now will stay the same after the birth. I had a miscarriage before and my husband thought it was because I wasnt eating enough due to the surgery. How did you deal with all the weight gain during pregnancy and after pregnancy? This is my very first pregnancy and I need help! appreciate it!
Just Valena
on 3/17/08 11:44 pm - Nunyabizness
Hi Elizabeth!! First of all...breathe!! 12 pounds is great at 5mos. I think you have been on the preggo board too...you will notice that the weight gain varies. Lots of folks have gained way more than you. You WILL notice that you can eat more!!! It is strange but definitely normal! I will tell you, by the time my daughter was born it had been well over 24 hours since I had eaten a thing and I was RAVENOUS!!! When they brought me food I just knew I was going to demoli****!! You know what I ended up eating? About 1 1/2 chicken fingers and maybe 6 fries and I was done!! Your pouch 'snaps' back to what it was before. I noticed increased restriction right away. I was 'lucky' as far as my pregnancy weight gain...I gained about 15 pounds, and lost 24 after she came. So for some reason I got a 'bonus' 10 pounds off!! YAY She will be 2 in June and I am still keeping it off. It can be done! If you make good eating choices (for the most part) you should be fine!!!
smileyjamie72
on 3/18/08 1:59 am - Palmer, AK
Ditto what Lena said!!! I only gained 17 (and believe me, I was EATING ALOT!!!!) and I lost about 25 with the breastfeeding. Your hormoes help you eat during pregnancy --I think-- and then your pouch will restrict you after you have you new baby. Have a GREAT pregnancy!!!! -Jamie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 7466 views
How do you....
Sandie E. · 0 replies · 8080 views
test
justin2smart12q · 1 replies · 8131 views