Any of you doing it together?

Penumbra
on 6/6/08 12:18 pm - Mount Vernon, WA
Having WLS in 10 days....Hubby in 24. Any advise about problems we may encounter going through this as a couple? I've heard about the competition thing and that doesn't really worry me. I have PCOS and I know he will lose faster even though I'm going first...he always does and it never bugs me...I just get the sexier spouse faster. LOL But are there any other obstacles I should know to look out for?
sunshine1001
on 7/3/08 6:59 am - OH
My hubby and I are having ours 4 weeks apart and I am the first also. I will be having mine 7-9-08, next week! YIKES. How are you guys doing and what have been the positives and what has been a challange? Kim
Penumbra
on 7/3/08 12:05 pm - Mount Vernon, WA
Well we're finally both done and so far no problems between us. The only issue is that we've both experienced blood loss for some reason and that has slowed down our recovery somewhat. But he's finally coming home from the hospital today (surg was MON) and I finally went back to work. So we'll have to see where it goes from here. Good luck to you and keep in touch! -Jennifer
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/08 5:57 am - Canada
I had my RNY done almost 4 months ago and my wife is up for hers in 2 weeks. For the most part things have been pretty smooth, but at times my wife was frustrated at the fact that I was losing fast and getting all the positive attention, despite the fact I am a notorious slacker and occasionally eat stuff not on the 'official menu'. Now its her turn and as they say, payback is a ... ;) BTW, she too suffers from PCOS and the magic number for her will be about 70 lbs before she becomes as fertile as a rabbit again, and we can add to our thus far very small family. As for the weight loss and PCOS, last time we both lost a significant amount of weight, my wife kicked a$$, so I doubt the condition has anything to do with slower weight loss - It all in how you use the weight loss tool ...
Penumbra
on 7/17/08 12:11 pm - Mount Vernon, WA
Thanks for your response. It can be frustrating I understand. My husband had his RNY 2 weeks after me and he's already passed me in weight loss. But then, that's okay. I'll get there and it sure is fun to look at him. I look very forward to being normal again and having children...God willing. In the meantime, I am just happy to see that, fast or slow, the scale continues to move down. -Jennifer
Most Active