Sharing weight with spouse

sagewalker
on 10/15/09 11:34 am - OR
This may not be the right Forum for this-- Sorry ahead of time.

Has anyone NOT told their spouse how much they weigh? I have always kept this from my husband. He has always guessed much less than I weigh.  I do spread my weight nicely if that is even possible?! We have been married for 19 years and not even when we were dating did he know! He is 6'3 and I 5'1 we are opposites in every every way.  In fact we currently work at the same work place they are having a biggest loser contest and I did not join because I was more afraid of him knowing!! I am braced and ready for the arrows you will shoot at me!
Sage walker
HeyItsLoni
on 10/23/09 4:56 am - NY
I have never told my husband my weight
HOLLI00
on 11/5/09 7:01 am - ALTUS, OK
Shoot no! He still thinks I weight 10 less than I do (I may have told him that!). He's always been so thin I've never felt comfortable sharing.
Holli Tamale
236.8/135/150

*RNY surgery done June 17th, 2009        
mrslatch
on 12/13/09 8:46 am - Fort Campbell, KY
You are so not alone! My husband is my best friend, but this is the one and only thing I won't tell him! Once I weigh a good 20lbs less than him or maybe once I loose all my weight ill tell him. Until then, he can keep on guessing!
OhButSheHasSUCHa
PrettyFace

on 1/30/10 8:48 am - Spokane, WA
 I guess I'm abnormal.  I told my hubby when I first met him how much I weighed (168)...and I not only tell him how much I weigh now, I get on the scale in front of him.  I need him to be a part of this journey with me.  With every pound I lose, I see how proud he is of my accomplishment.  He wants me to be thinner only because I want to be thinner.  The only way I can ask him for his full support is to give him my full truth.  Opening up to him in that way allows him to open back up to me in that way (not an easy thing for Mr. Silent-butHONEY!Inevercommunicate! 

Nature does her best to teach us. The more we overeat, the harder she makes it for us to get close to the table.                      

PetHairMagnet
on 5/22/13 1:19 pm, edited 6/11/13 9:19 am
RNY on 05/13/13

He weighs weekly and tells me every week. I am still daily and tell him daily. It is encouraging for us to share our progress!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

proudmommy
on 11/7/10 11:45 pm - Whites Creek, TN
Hmm... I guess I am abnormal on this as well... LOL.. We have been married 6 years... I don't ever remember my weight being a topic of discussion until we started trying to have children and I found out I weighed over 350... he did not have a problem with it... he loves me regardless if I weigh 150 or 500 .. but I about died! I did not care that he knew... but I had no idea I weighed that much! I got up to 389 before I started weigh****chers. I lost 60 then got pregnant and gained 40 back... then had WLS at 362... I am 271 now... I tell him at least once a week what I weigh... just because I am excited about this journey I am on and who better to share that with than my best friend.
Most Active