I am so glad to be here.

risabush
on 4/1/15 2:19 pm

My husband of 25.5 years is very seriously considering WLS & I am having a lot of mixed emotions. I'm on one hand excited about the future & his health improvements and on the other hand I'm terrified that he will go hog-wild nuts when he realizes how awesome he already is & leave me just when things are getting good!  

Once before, my hubby lost a lot of weight and it put a strain on our marriage. When he regained it all plus more he seemed to think I was happy, and really, I had just been overwhelmed with the changes we were going through at the time. I can say that when I have lost weight, it never made me want to leave him. I'm currently in a medical research study involving a rigorous exercise program, and hoping it will help me lose the 70 lbs I'd like to lose.

I witnessed the demise of my parents' AND a set of grandparents' marriages. My father was 29 when his parents split up & I was 24 when mine did. Needless to say I do not want our grown kids to go through that.

I'm just glad to know that there are others who have had these issues and survived. 

DustyB
on 4/18/15 10:34 am - Canada

My husband of 40 yrs had WLS.  All I can say is that we have been through THIN, THICK, and THIN.

It has always been a team effort and now with better health we can enjoy more of life together.

wyo_sarah
on 5/7/15 12:40 pm

You concern is so interesting.  I had WLS 9 months ago and I've lost 110.  My husband and I have been married 12 years and I was always overweight.  He has always told me I'm beautiful and that he likes bigger women, so I was worried about losing weight and that he wouldn't find me attractive any more.  He, I now know, was worried as I was losing weight that I wouldn't be attracted to him since he is still a *****ubby.  It was so funny because we both had the same but opposite fears.  We talked about it and everything is fine now, but it was certainly stressful.  Even today I was complaining about my gross extra skin and he said he liked it. :)  He is very sweet.  Hopefully you and your husband can just be very open about your concerns and talk about more as they come up.  Good luck!

E_Saenz
on 8/3/15 10:20 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Love and never stop loving becase in the end love conquers all your with him he is your husband and you both have made promise to eachother for better or for worse in sickness and in health if he loses weight and you lose weight you will have eachother longer.  But maybe a heart to heart reminding him you haven't forgot your vows and never will will help the both of you Good luck i hope this helps.

Elia Maria Saenz

Most Active