Recent Posts

jane B.
on 9/29/05 3:26 pm - Redmond, WA
Topic: RE: Question for all of you spouses
my husband had surgery a year ago and he is still moody and infact he was so self consumed that he has now had an affair and we are getting divorced. Becareful and watch out for the obvious.
Teresa T.
on 8/31/05 3:21 am - Spring, TX
Dee Dee - Hold on to that thought. I probably will need those same exact words expressed to my mate eventualy as well. He's been almost clueless when I've suffered from PMS. (he's one of the non-believers) I don't expect much TLC from him when I get this operation. I do hope he will be supportive for me.
angnadam
on 8/17/05 5:55 am - IN
I had my surgery in July of 2003. I have been married for 24 years and most of those years weight has been an issue. I have been on many diets and I think the most I ever lost was 75 pounds and then gained it all back, plus some. Sound familiar? When I first mentioned WLS to my husband he was totally against it. Then the more we looked into it (yes he did as much research--if not more than I) it became an option. I had recently had health issues come up that I hadn't had before and the doctors told me that weight loss is about the only thing that would help. As luck had it, my husbands insurance changed and the new company covered WLS. I had a consult in March of 2003 and he went with me. I was approved in April and had my date set for July 30, 2003. During this process he has been there for me. He is constantly applauding my accomplishments and telling me how wonderful I look. He loves it when other men look at me because he knows that he is the only man I love and isn't threatened by it at all--in fact it is flattering for him I think!! He is constantly wanting to buy me clothes, jewelry, shoes, etc. Who could ask for anything more?? Through this journey our love has just continued to grow (yes, even after 24 years!!) and the support I get from him is never-ending. I have seen relationships end because of the WLS though, So, I know not everyone is as lucky as I am to have the support of their spouse. Best of luck....... Sandy
Scarlett
on 7/19/05 3:19 pm - NEW YORK, NY
Hi hubby your wife just had major surgery less than month ago she is being deprived of food her closest friend for many years ignore her moodiness and love her any way she is your sweet loving woman still
Scarlett
on 7/19/05 3:04 pm - NEW YORK, NY
Hi I just had surgery on may 1st 2005 it went well I have lost 50pounds so far and I am happy I had the vertical sleeve so it is restrictive only at this point in 6 months I may have the malabsorptive part all done lap with an excellent recovery time so far. I hope that everything is good with you and that you are staying upbeat and happy
Scarlett
on 7/12/05 2:28 pm - NEW YORK, NY
Topic: RE: Is there any hope?
I apologize if it came off as if I was calling you an idiot only two people know what actually happened in that relationship and any one else myself included is just guessing. It hurts to lose someone that you love and are comfortable with and I am sure that it hurts to discover that things are not as comfortable as they seem but the truth is that you can not turn back the hands of time or make your wife do anything that she does not want to do. So kicking yourself is a waste of time You can not fix something if you are the only one looking at it as if it is broken I would want my husband to give me time space and respect I would want him to keep the lines of communication open without drawing lines in the sand and demanding in any way that I get over this and come back I would want my husband to concentrate on his growth and development and understand that I am not the same woman that he married just like he is not the same man we have joys and sorrows and secrets and lies and happy days and holidays and fear and longing all between us and this has both seperated us and brought us closer we are family and strangers at the same time. the routine has worn itself thin and I need to breathe I need fresh air and sunshine I need to explore the world before I leave it It does not mean that I do not love my hubby it means that I am not sure that we can get on the same page again and I am not sure that I want to spare the breathe I have left to see if we can This Is my take on the situation and how I feel maybe your wife feels different ask her..........
Scarlett
on 7/11/05 3:43 pm - NEW YORK, NY
It takes a strong person to admit that they were wrong and to try and do right now and you are to be applauded for the changes that you are making. Unfortunately saying sorry and acting the way that you should have acted all along does not gaurantee that you will get another opportunity. This is not the end of the world you have made some mistakes your wife has made some and hopefully you will both learn from them. At the very least she will understand that you should always demand the best for yourself despite your size or looks or status it is the insde person that matters. And you will learn that if you love someone you cherish them you treat that 250 pound or 450 pound woman like she is a supermodel love her respect her honor her and thank your lucky stars that you have someone to take this long lonely journey through life with. If it does come to pass that you get this woman back I am happy for you but your wife had to have major surgery to get the love that she deserves and that may be hard for her to stomache. Good Luck Dee
jodielucas
on 7/9/05 10:56 am - west allis, WI
Just what exactly did you all do???? Are you heavy or thin? What is she down to ( wt)? How long were you married? Kids?
georg Z.
on 7/8/05 11:01 pm - burton, MI
Topic: Is there any hope?
Help, my wife had the surgery last August and left me 2 weeks ago. I read your posts, and I can identify with many of your spouses. I am so ashamed I made her feel that way. I am currently in therapy to get resolution to my issues and learn how to be a better man, as is she to get resolution to hers. Unfortunately, she started the divorce process, so we have that added pressure. I am devastated. If you were her, what more would you expect your husband to do? We have had lots of conversations, I have made up with her parents, etc. I am at my wits end. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
georg Z.
on 7/8/05 9:39 am - burton, MI
Topic: RE: SAD.
Your title couldnt be more true. My wife had the surgery last August and left me 2 weeks ago. I never knew we were having issues, never knew how badly I had treated her. I too, responded like many of your spouses. I only found out recently about her problems as she was moving out. I am still hopeful of reconciliation, but as of now she says there was far too much hurt, didnt think I could change, and was not going to stop the divorce process. I am in therapy to work on these issue, as is she to, to work on her own, and to see if we can fix the individual issues we both seem to have. I know I must fix my issues, with or without her, as I feel I have a gun to head, and that I dont want to have this carry into my next relationship (if there is one). All I ask, beg, of you all is to please seek counseling with your spouse, before you leave them. I am devastated, as are my children. I have been literally crying every day, and miss her presence, touch, and warmth. I pray everyday for His intercession and to comfort me in my pain. I ask for your prayers as well. I know this is a sad story, but TALK to your spouse**** them on the head if you have to. Explain to them how you expect to be treated. I wish she did, maybe things would be different. Sincerely, Joe of Michigan
Most Active