Recent Posts

Rhia Drouillard
on 3/31/06 1:54 pm - Washougal, WA
Topic: RE: Women?
Jenn, You sound like someone I would become fast friends with. I'd love to work on cars too and I'd LOVE to learn to weld. I would totally like to rebuild a classic car from the frame up. Rhia
Jenn A.
on 3/31/06 1:46 pm - Visalia, CA
Rhia, I love working out in the shop by myself or with my Hubby. For a wedding gift we bought a dremmel with a gift card and have gotten lots of use out of it over the years. Of course I also like to work on cars and do metal craft. I guess that's the Tom boy in me. Jenn Avery CVOSSG
Roger V
on 12/15/05 9:08 pm - Livermore, CA
Topic: RE: Never knew this was here....
Hi Marc, I'm glad to see a newer message here. I'm, about 300 miles north of you in Livermore. I'm mostly into building furniture and love the old tools both hand and powered. I've got the day off and I'm going to put the last coat of varnish on my latest project, a coffee table. I'll try to get some pictures when it's done. I'm hoping to get an RNY in January or February. Roger Here's a couple of tools I've made: [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/rogervm/junk/Infillsfinished.jpg] The planes are from Shepherd kits and the mallet has a lignum vitae head and curly maple handle.
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/05 7:29 am - Columbus, GA
Topic: Never knew this was here....
A woodworking board! My web site is www.woodhelp.com I hang out at www.woodworking.com .... my forum Great place... lots of really helpful people...
slopez384
on 8/17/05 10:08 am - Moreno Valley, CA
I also do wood art. About 3 years ago I was in the local paper for my wood art for Christmas. Right now I stripping my kitchen. I just started today. They are white washed I hate them. I'm going to make them dark/medium oak. I have seven area to strip and 10 draws. I'm almost done with the draws. But I need help. Does anyone know what to do about bleaching the wood to take out the (white stain) in the oak ? Thanks for your help anyone.
A M.
on 3/19/05 3:15 am - San Jose, CA
Hi Rhia, I'd like to live closer too. I am the handyman at home, and our own contractor. I've built a deck in my back yard, a shed for my junk, another deck for the raised pool, all the fencing around the house, I remodeled my entire kitchen and am in the process of finishing my guest bathroom (including the cabinets that were made to order). I am having a lot of fun playing with my router and the different bits, so I made neat doors for the cabinets. I put in a new bathtub, re-routed all the pipelines to the tub, changed the toilet and sink. All I need to finish is the clean up, the floor and the walls. I had to take a break to go for my RNY on March 15, but I'm back home now, and feeling well enough to resume my project. When I'm done with the bathroom, I'll make a room addition for my pre-teen daughter, who needs her privacy. Go figure! She's only 10! But I'll do it just for the passion of it. On the funny side, my husband hates going to Home Depot, Lowes, OSH, etc. He says it's like going to a foreign country, where he understands nothing what's around him. HAHAHA
Rhia Drouillard
on 12/13/04 8:29 am - Washougal, WA
I'm with you on that one, Lillian! I like male hobbies much better than women's any day! I like hunting, fishing, working on cars... Man! I wish you lived around here! You are my dream friend! Rhia
lwelch
on 12/13/04 3:09 am - San Leandro, CA
Thanks for the offers of hope. It is my back and the bending over that bothers me more than anything. I have arthritis in my back and bone spurs and the weight I carry makes it worse. I am hoping that after I lose about 60 to 70 pounds, it will give great relief on my back. I have always loved traditionally "male" hobbies. I was 7 when my mom died and I was raised by my father. I learned a lot from my Father. I can do minor plumbing fixes, minor care repair, wood working and other fixit stuff. I was a "Tom Boy" growing up and prided myself on being able to do what the guy's do. I always wanted to stand out in a crowd, but not with my weight, just my knowledge and hobbies. Take care.
Rhia Drouillard
on 12/12/04 9:57 pm - Washougal, WA
Wow! I had no idea I'd hear from so many women with power tools! Wahoo! You guys rock! You make me proud to be a woman. Lillan, don't you worry, you'll be able to do all this stuff again after surgery. Before my surgery I couldn't walk a half mile without feeling like I was going to fall over dead. But now I could walk several miles without breaking a sweat and I can spend hours and hours walking through the woods looking for mushrooms. You'll be able to stand in your woodworking shop for a few hours at a time, no sweat. There is no way to explain the difference in how you WILL feel versis how you DO feel... you just have to experience it for yourself. Do whatever it takes to get this surgery! It's worth every minute of struggle to make it happen. Rhia
lwelch
on 12/12/04 1:11 pm - San Leandro, CA
Hell Rhia. I too have my own power tools. I love wood working, but do to my back pain, I have not been able to do anything for 2 years. I am hoping that after WLS, I will be able to get back into wood working. Take care.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Never knew this was here....
Marc Phillips · 1 replies · 475 views
Women?
Rhia Drouillard · 14 replies · 666 views