Dr. Sauceda Patients

Groups » Dr. Sauceda Patients » Discussion » My body is rejectin...

My body is rejecting the internal "dissolvable" stitches...

bookfaerie
on 5/15/12 9:53 am, edited 5/15/12 9:54 am
I'm waiting to hear from Dr. S. but has anyone else had this complication? I have little sores that are spitting out the stitches through my skin. But the damn things are still attached on the inside. If you had this, what did you do about it? The skin sores hurt and the pokey stitches bug my OCD like nobody's business.
 "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." Ralph Waldo Emerson    
Crazeru
on 5/15/12 11:45 am
I had one on my hip and a couple on the edge of my lower eyelid.  They were a dark blue, and my sis just pulled them out from under my eye.  I used tweezers to get the one on my hip.  Generally, they aren't attached, but the knot has to be pulled out, may be attached to the skin a bit.  If it is out enough to grab, just tug gently. 

I had a few come out after my DS around my bbutton where Rabkin uses a hand port.

Yes, they bug the hell out of you until they come out.  If I remember right, Tom's hip opening up was from an internal stitch popping out.

Chris
  HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/137 ~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08 
Plastics in Monterrey with Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Dr Sauceda Website

Love my Body by Sauceda 

allypad64
on 5/15/12 12:15 pm - henderson, NV
VSG on 09/10/10 with
 I had one on my elbow that I just assumed my body would absorb.  After about 2 months, I wash pushing on it, and when I pushed on it, the thread would poke out - LOL.  I told me husband to grab the thread with tweezers when I squeezed it and it poked out.  He grabbed it and pulled it a bit and it came out - and now is healed nicely.  I kept getting a sore there that kept oozing a bit - all better now :-)

Plastics by Dr. Sauceda in Monterray, MX - 2/6/2012 (yippee!).  Lower Body Lift, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Butt Lift.

Lee ~
on 5/15/12 3:47 pm - CA
I'm so sorry this is happening.  I think it would bug me as well!  Hopefully you'll be able to pull it out.  I'm sure Dr. S will tell you what to do.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

-VolsDiva-
on 5/15/12 6:20 pm - Orange County :), TN
I hope you find some resolve. I can see how that would be an annoyance.
FaithForward
on 5/15/12 7:20 pm - Houston, TX
I get these too. The internal stitches are both clear and purple. Dr S did tell me these should not be removed. The surgeon at Baylor told me to clip them even with the skin. The knots seem to be the ones that cause problems ~ lil *******s.
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. ~2 Chronicles 15:7 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
5'6" ~ Loving a size 4 ~
Plastics Apr 17th, 2012 with Dr. Sauceda ~ BL, BA, LBL w/ flap aug & mini thigh lift!

ejstorm
on 5/16/12 7:35 am
I had a bunch of these from every incision when I had my VSG. I had a big wad of them come up out of the biggest incision and it didn't heal for over 8 weeks because of it. I worry that there is something wrong with my body that it doesn't accpet the stitches and worry about if that will effect my plastics.
Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/16/12 8:36 am
My body didn't spit any stitches.  I wonder why some do and some don't.  I would hate to have that to deal with! I imagine it can be extremely irritating!  Let us know what Dr S tells you, please.

12/09 Extended TT w/hernia repair/Brachioplasty w/lipo, 5/11 Full Facelift,eyes,long thigh lift,Anchor cut,LBL/Butt Aug Dr. Sauceda 

Crazeru
Group Leader

Iam_with_the_Band
Group Administrator

Cassandra's Journey
Group Administrator

levittown_loser
Group Administrator

Cecilia R.
Group Administrator