VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Daily Maintenance W...

Daily Maintenance Weigh In - Tuesday, July 29, 2014

slimpickins5280
on 7/28/14 10:25 pm - CO

My dog is eating again. Phew. We've gotten her off the Presdnisone after 3 years of taking it and she is acting like the dog I remember again. We are hoping that we can handle any back pain that crops up with other medication that doesn't make her beg for food and water all day long, drink out of toilets, steel food off the table, etc - all things she never did before the Prednisone. But, if the Pred is the only thing that helps her, we will put her back on it. She's a 10 yo Mastiff, so we are shooting for making her comfortable and enjoying her for hopefully years. 

We had another secretary quit. They are dropping like flies in the main office. 

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

stephanieplum
on 7/28/14 10:53 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

143.5#

Shopping for school supplies today.  We have an organization that donates money and I get to spend it!  What a deal!!!!  It's great for teachers and the students. 

It's cooler again this week and I'm not complaining. It's suppose to rain, too.  Bring it on!!

BTW...I think the culprit to my metallic taste in my mouth is my GERD.  I'm back on my PPI ( kicking and screaming) and it's mostly gone.  Trying to do one every other day and it's seems to curtail it. 

slimpickins5280
on 7/29/14 11:10 am - CO

GERD makes sense. I'm glad you figured it out. 

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Miss150
on 7/29/14 12:23 am

142.4  My sister had a Mastiff for years- great big (no, huge) pile of love.  Can't remember what its' real name was - everyone called him Dumpy.  Glad to hear your pet-friend is on the mend, Slim.  How'd your pickles come out?  

Been out and about this morning- pulled what beets there were- not enough to mess with canning, but maybe will scout around for a refrigerated pickled recipe and set the jar (love the things, but too much sugar) in the fridge' for hubby and kids.  That's about all I have planned for today.  Been embroidering pillow slips and putting a puzzle together this past week to try to keep from grazing...Let's do well, folks, and make wise choices today! 

slimpickins5280
on 7/29/14 11:15 am - CO

grazing is my struggle. One of many. 

Tracy D.
on 7/29/14 1:59 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Coming off a 3-day road trip back and forth to Colorado...definitely indulged and the scale is showing it.  Popped out of my comfort range at 135.4.   Time for some intervention!! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

slimpickins5280
on 7/29/14 11:15 am - CO

Did you try Rocky Mountain Oysters? They taste like chicken. :-)

diane S.
on 7/29/14 3:42 am

119.5. go figure on where that pound went but good riddance.

Slim, glad your doggie is feeling better.  That prednisone sure makes them eat like pigs. Does the same thing to people.  I have a friend who has been on it for years and its caused terrible weight problems for her.

Reminds me I gotta take our two dogs in for shots or something.  They are the royalty of our household.  Hubby and I are their servants.  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Miss150
on 7/29/14 9:17 am, edited 7/29/14 9:17 am

My dog,Noodle, says, " Yah, as it should be..."

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

slimpickins5280
on 7/29/14 11:14 am - CO

My dog is the queen. Actually, my girl cat is the queen and we all - including the dog - serve her.