VSG Maintenance Group

Just on a whim...

Miss150
on 9/9/14 9:53 am

hit "members" on the right hand column... did the math...1,255 peeps joined this group over X number of years...how many are posting ( 10-15 0f us..generous..)?   Where are they?  Successful, just not posting?   board with the mendacity of it all?    What?    Most importantly, .... what about me????  I sifted through the names.... looked at the avatars 9 and (no avatars also), and wondered about the stories....the up-date....some kind of , well, prediction of my fate in thisWl drama   ....

No answers, no predictions...(hopefully, no juju upon me)...let my story be of my own making.  But, the question remains....  WHERE ARE Y"ALL Who joined this hopeful group, but are no longer posting?  bonnie      

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

stephanieplum
on 9/9/14 11:31 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Good question!!!

Spencerella
on 9/10/14 12:06 am, edited 9/10/14 1:55 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I've wondered about that too .... Diane, since you've been here since the group started, what's your take on this?  

I also wonder about the people who join the group now but never post ....  

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

diane S.
on 9/11/14 3:34 am

I have no clue why people don't post more here. maybe they just have lives that are more interesting. but I think we are pretty fun. sometimes maintenance seems unexciting and nothing new to offer. sometimes i try to throw out a topic to start something. maybe it needs to be snarky and controversial. oh well. i love this little group .  maybe people don't want to post their weight because of creeping up.  not facing reality.  but no one needs to do that. 

So hey out there you successful or otherwise maintainers:  please post.  actually, anyone is welcome here - post op or otherwise.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

happyteacher
on 9/13/14 6:58 am

I usually don't check in hardly ever... happened to by mistake the other day and saw Karik;s post. My only reason is simply that the majority of the posts are check-in posts. I think that is a great idea for folks who find that sort of thing a useful tool, but I go a different path with that. I am a little over 2 years out, still under goal... but just barely now. Fighting escalating A1c levels, back at prediabetic status, and am waiting not so patiently to have my mastectomy reconstruction work completed so that I can finally, finally begin to exercise again. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!