VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Daily Maintenance W...

Daily Maintenance Weigh-In Friday, October 24, 2014

stephanieplum
on 10/24/14 3:43 am
VSG on 06/27/12

149.5#

I had a nice "run" this morning and a hard workout with my personal trainer.  The weather is beautiful.  Getting ready to run some errands and shop!!!  Have a great day!!!  

Come back and post please...I need y'all and the accountability. I'm still trying to remove my head out of my ass.  lol 

cnjm6201
on 10/24/14 6:02 am

I definitely need the accountability and some help.  I am 4 years post op, sleeve.  I am currently living in Ethiopia with my family serving as missionaries.  I have recently been really sick and the doctor figured out it is my stomach.  We have been here 1 year and the major change in food has finally caught up with me.  I don't have things like protein shakes here and meat is crazy expensive.  I need to get back to the basics and any ideas for protein from people that know what I need.     I have been very sick the last month and really need to figure this out. 

"Be content at whatsoever state you are in."  Phil. 4:11                      
stephanieplum
on 10/24/14 11:41 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I agree with Diane...beans, eggs, leafy green veggies, fruit...could you have your church send protein shakes or bars? Or donations for protein?  Are you taking vitamins?  Just brainstorming here...

Hope you get well soon!

diane S.
on 10/24/14 10:33 am

123. guess that pound wants to stick.  oh well, gotta work at it a little harder.   sat on my behind most of the day at the art gallery.. then i figured out i could exercise a little by walking a loop up the building steps, down the access ramp and back again. probably looked stupid walking in circles but just couldn't stand sitting anymore. 

to our friend in Ethiopia, not sure what to tell you except they must have lentils and beans and eggs as a protein source.  get well please.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

cnjm6201
on 10/26/14 5:15 am

Yes I can do beans and eggs.  I have low iron and have been struggling with what to do for that.  No spinach here and broccoli is very seasonal.  That's the problem everything is seasonal so once I find something that works it's gone.  I know I will figure it out eventually but I haven't yet.  Thanks for the encouragement. 

"Be content at whatsoever state you are in."  Phil. 4:11                      
(deactivated member)
on 10/26/14 9:02 am - Canada

Nuts and seeds?

Also if you look online you can find recipes to make your own greek yogurt and I believe 'goat' greek yogurt.  Not sure if that's an option but it is a good source of protein and fat :)

Spencerella
on 10/24/14 2:13 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Staying steady at 112.5. I could eat. Oh I could eat. But I'm not going to. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

trinoc
on 10/24/14 5:38 pm - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

136.5 - I know it's hormonal water retention so not sweating the little bump

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days