VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Daily Maintenance W...

Daily Maintenance Weigh In - Friday, November 26, 2014

slimpickins5280
on 11/27/14 11:25 pm - CO

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had a rough couple of weeks at the Slim household, but Thanksgiving was calm and nice. 

My son's best friend since kindergarten chose to take his own life on Monday. We found out about it on Wednesday (they go to different high schools). My son is struggling. Also, last Saturday, I took my MIL into the ER (my husband was out of town and taking a huge test, so I waited to tell him about it until after he was done)and she has been in the hospital ever since (thru Thanksgiving) with a severe kidney infection. She is finally on the mend now and will be moving to a skilled nursing facility for some therapy to help her get her strength back. This has meant daily trips to the hospital and now to the nursing facility. 

My weight is suffering, but I feel like I'm ready to make it a priority again. I won't be eating hospital food now and the holi-food-day over. 

Anyway, I am back here because I need this for me. I have forgotten about the person in the mirror, who through all of this had a nasty bout of pink eye that still hasn't resolved. I need something for me and this is it. 

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

stephanieplum
on 11/28/14 3:49 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Oh!!! Slim, my heart breaks for your family!!  Hugs. Love. Prayers. I'm so glad you're back. I've missed you so and I mean that very much!!!

We've had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I'm up for sure but not weighing until Wednesday...maybe. lol I know I'm up.  I'm back on plan today and am going to try to be until Christmas with the imlaws on Dec 20th and then with my parents on Christmas Day. So two days out of the month...

Enjoying the rest of my vacation...I'm decorated for the holiday. Tonight, dinner with the family and HS school football playoffs. 

diane S.
on 11/28/14 7:56 am

Hi, 123 today thanks to a giant poop. Had to reboot the toilet. Yikes!

Sorry for your rough times slim.  seems like it all comes at once.  but you can't help anyone else unless you take care of yourself and eating poorly won't improve anything.  Anyway its good that the holiday food pit is now past and hope all of us can move ahead.  I see one more serving of stuffing and gravy tonight and then tomorrow face the music with dr. cirangle.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/14 8:05 am

Hi Slim! Glad to see your avatar back on the board! Sorry that life has been sucky and stressful. I get that.

Yes, you need to do something for you. I'm glad this is it. I know what it's like to see the scale go up and I know that battle it is to make it a priority once again. Me, I went to the doctor for a little accountability and he referred me back to weight clinic and I am back to weekly weigh ins and getting the support I need. In a way it sucks, but in a way it's also really great.

Anyway, made it through Thanksgiving with relative ease and am on track today. Scale did go up a pound though. No biggie. Jus****er and the extra carbs I ate yesterday, I'm sure.

Spencerella
on 11/28/14 12:28 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

My oh my Slim. A heavy load to carry. 

I'm at 112.5

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0