VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Just wanted to say ...

Just wanted to say hello... and share big news!

moonglo82
on 12/1/14 7:45 am
VSG on 03/29/12

Friends,

I had already shared a similar post on the VSG forum, but I think more people *****member me post here than in the VSG forum, so I wanted to come over here and say hello as well and give you some updates.  It's been far too long since I've been here, and realizing how out of touch I've been lately has made me realize how much I miss it.  Hopefully, now that things are a little less hectic, I'll be able to come around more often!

I honestly don't remember what all I had shared here the last time I visited, but basically, it was around this time last year, or maybe a little earlier, that I started into a bit of a depressive slump.  I was between jobs, and as a teacher, my job is a big chunk of my identity.  I had suffered a really bad concussion in October, so on top of being unemployed, I was worried about how I would ever be employable again as a teacher, because I was having bad headaches... not good when your job requires you to be able to grade essays in a timely manner!  

Luckily, in January, I was able to find a teaching job that didn't require paper grading (this position was as a second teacher in classes where students require a second teacher for added support), and that job carried me through until I was able to find a job where I am happier.  I have now been in my job at my current school since August.  I'm headache-free, teaching English again, coaching softball, and loving my job and my students.  I couldn't be happier about my job situation!

On top of that, Matt and I decided it was time to start trying to have children.  In May, I stopped taking my birth control.  In June, we took our first trip to Disney World together (so we could go as a couple before having kids), and by the end of July, I was getting positive pregnancy tests. 

Yep... I'm now 21 weeks pregnant with our first child!  Our son is due in April.  He's measuring about six days behind schedule right now, but otherwise he's completely healthy, and my doctor said babies have growth spurts even before birth, and for him to be off by less than a week is no big deal.  He's also happy with my rate of weight gain, and all labs have been good.  

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and that all is well.  Now that my coaching responsibilities are over for a few months, hopefully I'll have more time to check in more frequently.  :)

Courtney

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

jubjub
on 12/1/14 8:12 pm - Palm Desert, CA
VSG on 06/25/12

Wow, quite a journey! Congratulations on the baby!  How wonderful.

Heaviest: 313/VSG Pre: 295/Surgery: 260/Maintenance target:190 - Recent: 195 (08/15/19)

1st 2015&2016 12-Hour Time Trial UMCA 50-59 Age Group
1st 2017 Race Across the West 4-Person 50-59 Age Group
4th 2019 Race Across America 8 Person Team

moonglo82
on 12/1/14 9:31 pm
VSG on 03/29/12

Thank you!  :)

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

diane S.
on 12/2/14 2:46 am

great post. congrats on your good news.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

moonglo82
on 12/2/14 1:43 pm
VSG on 03/29/12

Thanks, Diane!  It's great to be back, and I'm so thrilled to have a reason to share such exciting news :)

Spencerella
on 12/2/14 3:37 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Wonderful news! So glad things are going well now. Take care

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

moonglo82
on 12/2/14 1:43 pm
VSG on 03/29/12