VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Help! 3 years post-...

Help! 3 years post-op and need to get my weight under control before I gain it all back

Jane B.
on 1/10/15 3:19 am - Strathmore, Canada
VSG on 01/11/12 with

If you were 3 years out of surgery and had gained 27 lbs (originally lost 65 lbs), what would you do?   7 of these pounds have piled on during the last month after having surgery, and not being able to do much during recovery.  Seriously though, I can't even remember how I kept it off in the beginning.  I am a vegetarian, so I tend to drink a lot of calories in protein drinks.

Suggestions?  Advice?  Please?

Thanks,

Jane

HW: 243 SW:228 GW:160
"I want to really live, not just be putting in time"    

BuckeyeGirl
on 1/10/15 4:38 am - TN

Well, I'm 4 years out of surgery and found that I had gained about 20 lbs over my happy number. I have just started the process of trying to get it off, but I've just gone back to basics this week. Back to the plan that worked for me in my weight loss mode. So, I've been tracking my food on MyFitnessPal, cutting my calories, and focusing on high protein, low carb foods, and getting in some cardio and strength training. It's not going to happen overnight, but it has started the numbers sliding back down so far.

Hope that is helpful!

Lindsey

Road Less Travelled
on 2/17/15 5:28 am
VSG on 12/13/10 with

I am in the same "rocky" boat !!!! up 25 pds -- I am considering doing a protein drink only as if I am pre-op -- with perhaps eating protein only for dinner (since after dinner tends to be hard).  I want this 25 pds gone!!!

July 2007 = lap band ...Sept 2010: lap band removed....Dec 2010 VSG
HW: 283... VSG SW: 244 ..  got down to 170 -- now at 193 and "back on track" ....GW: 155

Spencerella
on 1/11/15 7:59 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Jane as a carnivore, I have nothing to offer by away of advice, other than to suggest you look at the Back on Track group to see if any of them are vegetarians. Please don't take the lack of responses here as a lack of support. I don't think anyone here follows a vegetarian regime. Take care. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/19/15 8:37 am

I personally have to be very careful about not drinking my calories.  I am not a vegetarian, so I rely on meat to be a primary protein source.  I know that I can eat quite a bit of carbs as they do not stay in my sleeve as long as protein or uncooked veggies.  And of course, any liquid calories go right through my sleeve so I don't get much fullness with that.

Another thing I hate, but I know it helps me is to log my food.  That way I can see the poor choices I've made and can try to remedy them the next day.

Good luck and keep us posted.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L