VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday Maintenance ...

Friday Maintenance for March 27 2015

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/15 11:42 pm

Morning everyone:

Today is Friday but it really is my Thursday and this week am working two extra days so am already cranky at the thought. 

No weight  loss but holding steady.    

The other day in a small coffee bar, I watched with fascination, a thin lady take 20 minutes ( I kid you not ) to eat one of those bunwich things, you know with meat and salad things hanging out.

She chewed and chewed and chewed and rested in between.   WOW!!!!   

Now I have known that it is good to chew and chew and chew but somehow the mindless eating has sneaked back.  And the hurried mouthfuls. 

A hopeful lesson learned.   ( felt quilty staring but it was truly amazing ) 

Have a good day! 

ReclaimingPaula
on 3/27/15 12:43 am
VSG on 01/28/14

Weight today was 151.2.  I'm freaking out a little bit because I have been doing a little bit of stress eating - has been a challenging week for me with work.  I don't like seeing the weight above 150, but trying not to push the panic button too much, because it should be bouncing AROUND 150, and as long as we keep it that way, that's good.  But - checking in here because I feel like I need to stay the course.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Surgery 01/28/2014. HW: 310. Consult 290, Surgery 270.  CW = 150   

Linds_littleblackdress
on 3/27/15 12:45 am - calgary, Canada

Good morning

The scale was being my friend this morning again. I weighed in at 187.7 lbs and am down 1.5 lbs.

I've been really trying not to eat at night, it's working so far!

hope you all have an amazing Friday!

momsy55
on 3/27/15 1:03 am - ME

Down 1 lb. from yesterday.  Not feeling great today.  An old problem with my left foot came back yesterday - one of my bones gets out of alignment, and it hurts, especially to walk.   I have to use that foot a lot in the PT exercises I have for my knee (pushing with it), and that may have been what happened.  Coupled with the added pain to my right knee from the PT exercises, walking has been slow and painful today and I'm feeling worn out.  Thank goodness I can take NSAIDS.  I'm hoping that the ibuprofen liquigels I took start to kick in soon.  Have a great day all!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

diane S.
on 3/27/15 2:45 am

123. ya know, NSAIDS was one of the big reasons I chose vsg.  I was pretty dependent upon them for back and other paid. but with weight loss I hardly ever need them now.

and yeah, we sure can learn from observing thing people and their habits.  But no matter how slow I don't think i could eat a big sandwich.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

momsy55
on 3/27/15 3:16 am - ME

I don't take NSAIDs unless I really need to.  I used to have migraines and ibuprophen was the only thing that worked, so I always kept some with me.  Luckily, the migraines are very infrequent, maybe 1 every year or two.  Now I generally take them on dance day to take the edge off the pain with my knee, so I can move a little better.  I used to take so many prescribed meds before VSG, and now am only on 1.  So I also try to keep OTC meds to a minimum, and like you Diane, having lost the weight, I don't need them so much.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

TeashaLorna
on 3/27/15 10:14 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

143.9 today. Tough week for me, I had to put my dog down yesterday. She was only 10 years old. She had a prolonged heat and the vet said she needed to be spayed. He booked her for three weeks after the intial visit and guess what she got in that three weeks pyometra and she went down hill fast over two days. I feel so bad for her and so mad that I did not push the vet to do it sooner, but that is what he said to do and I listened. I feel like a really bad mom.  This week is hard for me not to overeat and not to just give up and not eat all.  Crazy but it is hard trying to stay the course and keep healthy.  I used to breed dogs and this was the last one of my line and she should have been with us for another 6 years at least. She was my running, kayaking camping buddy and she was so much company. A little Bichon Frise who could run a good 5 to 6 Km with her mom. I used to tell her that when we are both old I will buy a stroller and push her as I run, albeit running slowly. Now I will have to run in her memory. My poor sweet little girl.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/15 11:27 pm

I am so sorry.   It is hard to lose a good friend. 

And I admire your courage to name the name of stress eating.  Happens to us all.