VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » VSG MAINTENACE FOR ...

VSG MAINTENACE FOR TUES.

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/15 10:21 pm

Still no loss but holding steady.

visited some friends in a senior's residence where they were in a very serious game of bingo.  Had no idea of all the permutations of the game.  Lazy L, large X, inner square.  A whole new world.

Any challenges coming your way today?  I must admit that the word " nourishment " is still circling my brain.  

momsy55
on 4/13/15 10:30 pm - ME

Down 1 lb. this morning.  The challenge for me today is just to get through the day and be able to get through dance class tonight.  I'm continuing to improve, but getting my energy back is slow.  I guess I really am 60!

I like the nourishment theme.  The older I get, the more important it is for food to nourish me and provide what my body needs.  No longer can I put junk in my body and expect to feel good and function optimally.  The junk always caught up with me in the form of weight gain, as I couldn't stop, but I could function, at least enough to get by.  Those days are long gone now, and that's ok! 

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/15 11:18 pm

I agree!  And hopefully my greed remembers the awful sick feelings.   Well said.

stephanieplum
on 4/14/15 2:57 am
VSG on 06/27/12

153.6# Nourishment. Fuel...words to live by!

diane S.
on 4/14/15 3:27 am

122.5. finally got the dang taxes done and off today. 

yeah nourishment is a good word.   applies to mind and soul too.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/15 11:31 am, edited 4/14/15 11:31 am

Nourish, huh..... 1. to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth.

2. to cherish, foster, keep alive, etc.:

3. to strengthen, build up, or promote:  

There is that ingrained tenant among the obese "in recovery" that we nourish our bodies only with what they need to survive, but we must also nourish our emotions and "souls", so to speak.   I sometimes wonder if focusing so forcibly on food for health, food for sustenance, food for mere survival, and denouncing food for pleasure and celebration has done more harm than good.  

Yeah, I know, too heady, but it's where I live these days.