VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday May 11 2015 ...

Monday May 11 2015 check in.

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/15 5:39 am

Good morning all:

:)  The dogs enjoying a fattening meal.  Nice.  While I don't have animals the beautiful dog next door LOVES his food and his little tummy is perhaps 1/2inch above the ground.  Doting owners.

Mother's Day started off with a very scary call to the family from a member who has mental health issues.  All ended well but emotions were running sky high.  

However I managed to stand by my food choices and am down 2.8 pounds today.   Mind you during the waiting period,  the house, well part of it, got cleaned within an inch of its life and the grass cut in record time. 

Not to denigrate the crisis, but why can I get through these really scary ones just fine but not be able to manage fairly minor calls without looking to food.  

But as Kairk has suggested am looking at what was done right, and not getting hung up on all the things have done wrong in this journey.

Enjoy the day. 

momsy55
on 5/11/15 10:33 am - ME

Hi Apple!  Good for you to get through a crisis without turning to food.  I have found that I can get through the crisis itself well, as it is in my head that I can't eat in response to what's going on.  However, just like the aftermath of the adrenalin running, there is a let down after and sometimes it's then that I have let my guard down.  For me, that time is even more crucial in regards to trying to be mindful of what I'm doing.

I didn't get a chance to weigh myself this morning.  We were all behind schedule, and my oldest hogged the bathroom until less than 10 minutes before I had to leave.  On Saturday morning, my weight was the same as Friday, and I'd already had my large mug of coffee and breakfast.  Eating was a little off over the weekend, as we hosted a pre-prom bash and yesterday was lots of travel, out to dinner, then rehearsals for recital.  I didn't get too off track and don't think my intake was too high.  Today I am eating very cleanly to make sure I don't continue the trend.  Hopefully I'll be able to post most days this week.  Between a crazy work schedule (I just now came up for air and it's already 1:30!) and rehearsals almost every night, I may miss a day or two.  But I'm commiting to eating healthy.  Have a great day!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

diane S.
on 5/11/15 11:29 am

Good for all of you for keeping it together.  Anyone who is missing a pound - I found it. 124 today. a danger number.  I impulse bought some new cheese (smokey white cheddar with black pepper) and i just kept eating it and eating it.  But its monday and back to a regular routine. that usually takes care of indiscretions.  gotta work on not doing the indiscretions.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/