VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Thursday May 21 201...

Thursday May 21 2015 Check In and Hello!

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/15 6:22 am

Good morning:

Yesterday was NOT a sterling day.  What with the  family mental health issues rearing up again,  dealing with an insurance company from-you-know-where over something seemingly simple, a visit to the dentist, a colleague who does not always watch what they say and whose barbs really sting, to a friend's child who has just received a devastating diagnosis,  I downed 5 oatmeal cookies.  

Even as I write this I cannot believe that I thought that cookies would help.   But I did.   

The ONE good thing is that I was still under my calorie count but of course over the carb count.   

I think for the first time I was able to pull the plug on the cookie gobbling ( I mean 5 is still a lot ) but for a very long time I would have eaten the whole package and than headed in to that sick feeling of guilt, remorse and will-never-do-that-again kind of thinking.  

By the evening had done my daily exercise and was back on track so am pleased by that.  

Today the scale shows a loss of 1.3 pounds so none of that makes sense but am sure that it will be there looking at me tomorrow.

Have an excellent day everyone. 

This is a one day/hour at a time journey isn't it.  Or at least it is for me.

momsy55
on 5/21/15 7:30 am - ME

Apple, you are so right that the journey is one day/one hour at a time.  For me it can be one minute or one second at a time as well.  It sounds like you had a horrific day!  I'm so glad that you were able to stop the destructive behavior so quickly and get back on track.  The ability to stop seems so simple to those who have not struggled with food addiction, but for those of us who have, it is a MAJOR victory!  Each one of those victories help us to be more apt to use healthier coping skills in the future.  Again, back to the one day at a time.

The scale was exactly the same again this morning.  Today it's beautiful out.  I'm in an office without windows, so I plan to spend time outside during lunch.  Have a wonderful day all!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

diane S.
on 5/21/15 9:22 am

well forgive yourself the oatmeal cookies.  its not a habit and its not going to be a regular thing.  days from hell are hopefully infrequent. sounds like you were able to move on.   you are strong.

123 and off to teach class.  lots to do as always.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Spencerella
on 5/21/15 2:35 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

You stopped the behavior and you've made sense of it. 'Nuff said.  New day today 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0