VSG Maintenance Group

What's up?

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/15 8:59 am

Hi all!

What's up?

I am unable to see Carbondated's posts. I know Diane is able, but is anyone else? I can see that she's started a discussion on the group page, but not here on the discussion board. Hmmm.....

So, I thought I'd start a new thread for today.

What's up with me:

All is well with me. I started my new (and rather gentle) food plan on Monday. I am happy to report that I am down 2.8 pounds already. What is completely baffling and eye opening to me is the whole concept of rather than trying to "control" my compulsions with food is to work with them. While it took me a LOOOONNNNNGGGGG time to understand this for myself, I have to say it's working - for me. I have been able to let go of the negativity towards myself about the weight regain. I am no longer embarrassed by it - it is what it is and I can't change the fact that I gained weight. Best of all, I understand the emotional underpinnings of WHY. (The WHY is a story unto itself, best left for another time.)

While this is not a road that I would recommend everyone travel, for me I guess it has been necessary. It has been a gut wrenching road fraught upset, shame, anger and at times a downward spiral of despair.  I still have a very long road ahead of me back to arrive where I'm comfortable in my skin. But, for the first time in my "food life" I know with honesty that I do not have to be perfect. I will make choices that are based in my compulsions. I will make choices that aren't conducive to weight loss. It's a truth. It's okay. I can honor those choices rather than berate them.

I have a kind food plan that I developed (with the approval of my nutritional therapist). A food plan I will be able to live with for a long, long time. I will always have to be careful and mindful - especially with regard to sugar. But I know, too, that I have to have a plan that will allow me to eat with a fair amount of flexibility.

We are going to be saying goodbye to our not quite 15 year old Cairn Terrier. He is not doing well, at all. Sad, sad, sad.

And that is where I am today.

Next.....

diane S.
on 6/17/15 10:39 am

hi, down to 124.  can't complain.

K , glad you are finding peace with food and yourself.  its what we all need.

so sorry about your cairn. I had 4 over the years and losing each one was so tough.  We have a 14 year old border terrier who is doing pretty well but time is running.

oh well life goes on.

Carbondated, you may need to ask to join the vsg maintenance group again. i see those requests and i don't recall seeing yours under new name.  that might be why your comments show as unapproved.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/15 12:12 pm

Thanks, Diane. He went peacefully and I am in and out of tears. In his day he was quite the little show guy. Cute, huh?

diane S.
on 6/17/15 12:26 pm

what a doll.  a treasure.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

momsy55
on 6/17/15 1:46 pm - ME

He was so beautiful!!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

momsy55
on 6/17/15 10:49 am - ME

Hi Kairk and Diane (and anyone else reading this!).  I have been so out of touch - not by design.  Yesterday, I had the discussion group site open and read messages.  It wasn't until late last night that I realized I had closed the site because I got called away, without ever posting anything!

Weight has been holding steady for several days now.

Kairk, so glad you've been able to find a comfortable food plan and are starting to feel more at peace with food.  So, so sorry about your Cairn.  We get so close to our four legged children, and that inevitable time is so awful  Our sweet little boy, Sammy, is going on 10 and I know that day will come for us as well.  I so feel for you!

Work is still crazy.  I interviewed someone today, and both the other person interviewing and I had the same red flags.  I was disappointed, but just a little while ago, someone we've worked with, who is good, applied, so there may be and end coming.  YAY!!!!

Have a great day!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180