VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, Monday, Mon...

Monday, Monday, Monday

carbondated
on 6/29/15 5:17 am

scale up again.

feel very puffy and bloated, so lotsa water today. 

Am day off which means errands upon errands.

may YOUR Monday be peaceful and calm and stress free.

stephanieplum
on 6/29/15 5:46 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Happy Monday! I just love waking up when it's quiet.  I can drink coffee and mentally prepare myself for the week or even the day.  This usually happens in the summer when I'm off and my hubby is still sleeping.  Love it!

My scale is up as it should be...Key Lime Martinis.  Enough said. 

Hard workout today. Scrubbing floors. Laundry. That's my day...

Y'all have a good one!

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/15 6:01 pm

Wedding food and movie popcorn = 1lb up. Too be expected.

Had a fun time at the wedding- mostly. (I knew only two people there beside the bride and her immediate family.)

Loved the movie - just what I needed; mindless entertainment!

What was most interesting to me about the wedding was dessert time. After the cake was cut the dessert bar was opened. It was simple: little cup cakes, cake pops, and an assortment of basic psuedo shortbread/sugar cookies in different wedding shapes and all iced with hard icing. Well, while eating the cookie I realized I didn't like it. Not one bit. Now I kept eating it, but I was very aware I didn't like it. Made me stop and think. I noticed, too, that the desserts started to trigger me. I had to consciously decide to stop eating sugar. Was a little tough, but I was able to stop.

Great nutrition therapy today. Working on two new behavior goals this week. The first goal is to eat within 60 minutes of getting up in the morning. I'm not great at that. I take my vites, have my coffee and then go about my day often waiting 3 hours or so before I eat. The second goal is to eat only while sitting down. I have taken to kitchen eating while standing up ( a lifelong habit and a most difficult one for me to break). I find that from 4pm to 7pm I want to graze - a nibble here, a spoon full there, here a nibble, there a nibble, hours and hours of nibbles. Of course, those nibbles are hard to track.

Today, I'm on track. We'll see how the rest of the week progresses.

Overall, feeling great, happy with self, and most happy about the fact that with therapy the whole food thing is getting so much easier.