VSG Maintenance Group

July 5th, Sunday

carbondated
on 7/5/15 6:02 am

Morning all:

Ate cheese very late last night as a snack and of course the scale is up.  Way up.   I find it very salty.

Other then that the garage sales were great, my walking partner got a huge Star-Wars 'thing' for her grandchildren that she is going to have to cart up to where they live.  Her husband was not impressed as it about 2 feet tall and 2 feet long and falls apart when you look at it.   He says that they are going to have to wrap it in sheets to protect it. 

Oh well, it was a steal. 

Have a most wonderful day. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/15 9:25 am

Hmmmm..... scale up.... do you think a hot dog, and movie popcorn and a fist full of peanut M & Ms had anything to do with that? At least I didn't eat any homemade cherry brownie ice cream cake! LOL!

Overall, a very nice 4th here. Could have done without the hot dog, but it was the 4th and I rarely eat a hot dog. Interesting, while I did enjoy the dog, I was more aware of how highly processed those things are. They really are not like real food at all. Im not sure a hot dog should even pass for meat. It's a most bizarre texture. Almost like a pate, but spongy.

Also, note to self: While I enjoyed going to the pancake breakfast with the family, Eating even one pancake in the morning set me up for a day of craving. It's just too much sugar for me. I talked with Ron about it, because he ate 4 pancakes with syrup and orange juice and he was full and didn't really eat again until late afternoon. I felt like I needed/wanted to eat about 90 minutes later. I found it interesting how our bodies seem to react differently.

Question: Would this reaction put me in the "Carb Sensitive" category? I'm never really sure what people mean when they say they are "Carb Senstive". Please weigh in on this. It's something I'd like input on and would like to figure out. Will also talk to nutritionist tomorrow at my session. See what she says.

diane S.
on 7/5/15 10:26 am

well i am up too to 125.  july 4 should be national weight gain day.  I didn't eat that much off program to be up an actual pound so its salt and bla bla bla.  but it reminds me that this is a long term mission and there are consequences for poor choices.   even one bite of the chocolate cherry ice cream cake was too much.

Our neighbors had a huge july 4 party last night and blew up tons of fireworks.  Made one of the dogs really nervous. he didn't used to be like that.    It will be good to get back to a normal life.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

stephanieplum
on 7/5/15 4:06 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

My scale is the same...at least not a gain!!!  We took a road trip and did some hiking...great day!!!

I don't think I was carb sensitive pre-VSG. I lost a lot of weigh on Weigh****chers eating junk.  However, I was younger...lol  I've wondered if cutting carbs for over a year made a difference in how my body reacts now to carbs...even good carbs.  I'm still trying to figure my body out...it's frustrating but nothing else to do but trying to keep my head in the game.  I do think when I indulge I have to white knuckle it so to speak not to want to eat all the time.  I'm not hungry....I just want to eat!  Lots of self talk goes on!