VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » July 6th. Monday A...

July 6th. Monday A brand new week to make choices.

carbondated
on 7/6/15 6:02 am

carbs: that is what started the re-gain. I agree that having been off sugar, anything white and fruit ( very occasionally would have a piece) for over three years that when I made the conscious choice to add some that is when the scale went up.

Kairk yesterday I made the choice to eat cookies.  After two I stopped because did not really like the taste, however it was a head battle for the rest of the day to not eat more.

i have a feeling that for me it might be easier to just say no!  

Can't seem to live with 'just a little'

scale up again today.

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/15 8:37 am

Scale down a fraction of a pound. Was hoping to rid myself of the water gain a little faster, but such is life.

Carbondated: Not sure how much leptin response plays into our reactions, but I'm sure it is the major culprit. Again, it's a very tricky area for me. I'm not sure if most others are wired as I am, but when I dictate that something is off limits eventually the "Food Rebel" takes control and I'm done for because  binge or a F You attitude ensues. I'm really trying to just observe the behaviors and reactions and my responses so I can get a better handle on all this long term. I am very curious about "Carb sensitivity" and what that means to people.

stephanieplum
on 7/6/15 10:07 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Happy Monday!  My scale is down this morning...finally!!! I need to get off my arse and get moving...I'm walking today until I reach 500 calories burned.  I need to scrub floors...whoever decided that light thick grout lines were a good idea was an idiot!!!  The floors will be replaced one day!!! I don't really fancy the dirty look!  However, in the grand scheme of things...it's not all that important!  

diane S.
on 7/6/15 10:53 am

hi all, 123.5. much better for me.  had to be fluid.  off to finish taking down art show.

stephanie, i hear you on the wide white grout. have it on my counter tops. hate it.  had it on the kitchen floor at our former house. there is a grout cleaner product that works well that i used when we sold that house. turned the black back to white.  who knew.

and i agree about avoiding the sweets all together - though maybe its one day at a time. like, well not today but maybe someday.

diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

stephanieplum
on 7/6/15 11:41 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Do you remember the name of the grout cleaner?

diane S.
on 7/6/15 10:09 pm

No, sorry. I do remember I bought it at a tile store. Applied full strength and wiped with a rag. Not fun but easier than scrubbing alone.  There is grout sealant you can apply after its clean. D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/