VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday. Friday. Fr...

Friday. Friday. Friday. July 10th

carbondated
on 7/10/15 7:28 am

Morning everyone:

Well the scale is down 5 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing.  But before I crow too loudly it is the same five pounds that had gained.  But down is good.

Had a  moment last evening where all I could think of was to stuff my face with food in order to alleviate the anxiety.  Perhaps you know how that goes.    But was able to talk myself off the binge and slept the sleep of the just. 

Have a healthy lunch packed, a walk is in the works and so far ( it is 7:30am ) the day is good. ( oops wrong emoticom) 

Enjoy YOUR Friday!

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/15 2:49 am, edited 7/10/15 2:50 am

Well, hot damn and good for you Carbondated!

I'm down a little bit more, too: 0.8 of a pound. Works for me.

So, I went to the "shrink" yesterday and had a pretty good session - very low key. Came away realizing that the frantic drive or to lose weight quickly and to lose the whole chunk to be back at goal has pretty much vanished. That doesn't mean I don't want to lose weight anymore, it is just that I realized that I'm actually okay and comfortable with what I'm doing. Yesterday my big weight loss goal was to lose 3.5 pounds. Today it's 2.7.

The other thing we talked about is my "cognitive distortion" or body dismorphia. I told her that I had come to the conclusion that she was wrong and I was right. Then after I had come to that conclusion I asked my best friend about it and he agreed more with the therapist than with me. He pointed out some things about my body type and how it holds weight fairly well (I gain all over rather than in a specific place - equal opportunity fat distributor here!) and that if I were walking down the street no one would look at me and say, "Here comes the fat guy." So that is something I'm trying to hold on to.

Next thing is to work on reconciling the idea that I'm supposed to have the body of a super fit 35 year old with 10-12% body fat with what is truly doable for me as a 51 year old man. That's going to be a bit of a ***** I know that we are supposed to strive to be the best that we can be, but this is the area in which I have trouble not comparing myself to my idea of perfection. This one is going to take time (if not forever!). I'm know women deal with this issue, too. I've read articles about it.

Onward... busy weekend. Early dog shows in Carmel, CA both days. Means up at 3:30 and 4:00 both Saturday and Sunday. Have to go to Charles Schwab this afternoon (hate!!!!!!), get Blue show groomed and then at 4:30 have my personal training appt. Better get my butt up out of my chair and in gear.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

diane S.
on 7/10/15 10:16 am

Greetings Earthlings'

Well must be a gravitational anomaly because I am down a pound also to 122. Either that or we are all being successful.

C, I hear you about the anxiety.  Got me fat in the first place.

K, sounds like a fun weekend of dog shows. I don't need to warn you about dog show food. 

diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

stephanieplum
on 7/10/15 5:49 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

My scale is up...one tiny slice of pizza and a Bloody Mary is all it takes.  I know it's not a true gain but it still ****** me off!!!  Heh!  I did enjoy the food and drink and most of all the company!!

Today was spent with family at the Witchita Mountains Wildlife Refuge.  We had a good day with a couple bites of this and that but counted them...it wasn't that great so I stuck to my chicken and charro beans.  My family had huge hamburgers, fried, onion rings, and peach cobbler with ice cream.  

I came home and planted a few things while hubby is at rehearsal ( for next couple of weeks).  I must find things to do so I don't eat out of boredom!!!  

I missed my walk this morning and if I can get off my arse I may go here in a few.

I get the body image thing...I am back and forth about doing PS and will that really "fix" my issues.  I doubt it but I would look and feel better.  Once I got started I'd want it all done...boobs, tummy, thighs and arms....neck, eyelids...LOL. I'm turning 50 this year...I look and feel the best I've ever felt!  ( with clothes on) I am thankful...the journey continues!