VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday. Can you be...

Tuesday. Can you believe already

carbondated
on 7/14/15 5:52 am

morning

Kairk how is your leg?  Been there done that with leg and debit card, so sorta understand your pain.  OUCH.

not a sterling day for me yesterday but today will be better.  Getting more sleep helps for sure.

scale up again but did expect that.  It is not giving up that counts.

stephanieplum
on 7/14/15 12:06 am, edited 7/14/15 1:55 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I'm experimenting a little with fruit and more veggies. I've been craving them lately. I also like to throw a few oats in my shake. I'm not sure it's promoting my weight loss. I'm wondering if I've wrecked my body (again) with going extremely low carb during the WL mode (Thinking out loud here). Pre-surgery, I was able to eat good and "bad" carbs and lose. Now, it seems when I do the scale goes up or I maintain. Maybe I just need to give it time and let my body adjust. I like fruit, grains and veggies...and would like to eat them. It's confusing really...finding a balance for weight loss and maintenance after the honeymoon period! I'd like to lose the regain...I am losing now that I have my head in the game but VERY SLOWLY!!! And, I'm in Beast Mode when working out!  Thoughts???  Do I just accept the fact that I will have to limit my carb intake? Or will my body adjust again to a few carbs if I wait it out?

Frustrated!!!!  But WTF else am I gonna do?? ( quote from our missed friend, Slim)

K-hope you're better today!

diane S.
on 7/14/15 9:36 am

122 today. taking a friend to the car dealer today to pick up a new truck.  driving my car with 187000 miles on it. maybe i should shop.

Yikes Kairk, gotta be careful in that show ring. Once I did see a really fat guy fall down in the show ring and it was not pretty .  And once at a show I was at, this lady with a rottweiler got a major and then keeled over and DIED.  Hope your leg is better soon.

more fruits and veggies?  sounds like a good plan.

Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/15 12:44 pm

Scale down a pound.

Leg still swollen, but much, much better. I am hoping, hoping that by Friday I am recovered ENOUGH to properly gait my girl in the ring up at the Portland, OR shows. Diane, I do not plan on keeling over at a dog show.

Lisa - look at total carbs. What's your intake? Then remember that fruit (especially berries and a few other lower carb fruits like peaches) and vegetables have lots of fiber and slow the uptake of glucose. Grains are grains. The more unprocessed the better, but still going to be super high carb. There is an intricate dance one must do to figure out what works and what doesn't AND you have to decide in your heart of hearts if you REALLY want to lose the regain or if you are okay with where you are. You are not going to gain weight from eating 2 servings of fruit per day. Fruit is a hell of a lot more satisfying and filling than a cupcake and far fewer calories. Once I realized how STUPID and ILLOGICAL I WAS BEING getting all flusterbated about eating fruit when I would "cheat" on cookies and crap food at school, fruit became a no brainer. I eat berries every single day during the summer! Peaches and nectarines are also a favorite right now.

Here is something for all of us to consider: If you have gained back a portion of your weight does that make you get upset with yourself and dislike or cause dissatisfaction with your body? If it does, then maybe, just maybe that's where the work needs to start.  It's important to understand how you work individually around all this food and weight stuff. It can be a real mind f*^k! Once you start to understand how you work it makes it easier to figure out and deal with. I really believe my signature line : Our compulsions hold the truths to lessons waiting to be learned. We just need to listen and that, my friends, is hard as hell!

stephanieplum
on 7/14/15 7:29 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

I just looked at carb count for the last week...low day was 31 and high day was yesterday.  I ate watermelon, salad and  blueberries for 96 carbs.  That is unusual unless I have a a splurge and I'm trying not to...lol. My range 31-66 most days.

Im not unhappy here. But, I like how I looked and how my pants felt at my happy weight. lol   I've had a 15-20# gain depending on the day.  I'm down 3.9#. Gaining 15# as a fat person...well, not much difference but as a thinner person...it's Huge!  

And, the journey continues...