VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wednesday the middl...

Wednesday the middle if you are counting

carbondated
on 7/15/15 5:00 am

oh how I agree with the carb issue.  Mine was a whopping 111 yesterday, when normally try and keep it below 40.  Mindlessly grazed and sampled.

again , for me,  this learning curve is never ending.

hope that you are better K and that we all have a wonderful day

walked up hill and down dales for 90 minutes and am planning the same today.  In the rain.  Will I melt?  

diane S.
on 7/15/15 9:47 am

Hi all, 122 today.  getting ready for a quick trip.  chores and organizing. get or stay well everyone.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

carbondated
on 7/15/15 6:15 pm

Enjoy your trip!  Hopefully it is some place that you really really want to go to.

:) 

stephanieplum
on 7/15/15 10:56 am
VSG on 06/27/12

153.7# from 158# since July 1st.  It's on a downward trend!  I'm ready to be back in the 40's!!!  Hard workout today.  Some errands to do and that's my day!  It's really hot here again today!

carbondated
on 7/15/15 6:15 pm

You are an inspiration! 

stephanieplum
on 7/15/15 7:23 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

Thank you!  

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/15 11:21 am

Down a little more today.

Off to Portland tomorrow for a weekend of dog shows. Hope my leg is up to it!

Debit card cancelled. Never found, but no activity on it either. Whew.

Carbs....I'm one who can tolerate a high level of natural unprocessed carbs. BUT the minute I add in highly refined, processed flours and sugar I'm done for. I can eat 100 grams per day of wholesome dairy, fruits, vegetables and even steel cut oatmeal and be a-okay. Eat a chocolate chip cookie and I'm a mess for the rest of the day.

The other day Ron, bless his heart (y'all know what that means, right?) brought me a croissant filled with blueberries and pecans. I smiled and said, "Thank you, but you know I can eat that first thing in the morning. How about I save it for later and we share it?" I did cut it up and gave him about 2/3 after dinner and ate the other 1/3 myself. It didn't trigger me, but I realize, too, if it hadn't have been there it would not have occurred to me to eat something like that. (I'm wondering if because he's gained about 20 pounds he wants a little company? food for thought..)

Probably won't be checking back in until Monday or Tuesday.

carbondated
on 7/15/15 6:14 pm

Well done!  Glad that the debit card turned out ok.  Doesn't your heart just miss beats when this happens.

Enjoy Portland.  Safe journey. 

momsy55
on 7/15/15 1:32 pm - ME

Hi Everyone!  I've been MIA for awhile as life has been extrordinarily busy and exhausting.  I've missed our daily "chats" and hope to be able to get back to them.  I continue to weigh every morning to keep up with the discipline.  My weight stayed the same for days on end - ga ood lesson for what I can eat in maintenance, and then crept up a bit over the long holiday weekend and after - lots of extra leftovers and company = eating too many once in awhile foods.  Luckily, the couple of pounds I gained are now coming off.  I'm accepting of the fact that, right now, if I can at least keep my weight stable, I'm doing ok.  Once life slows down a bit, I will focus more on weight loss.  Work is still very busy, but I've filled one of the two case management positions and am slowly turning some of the work over to the new person.  Hopefully we'll hire a second soon.  Today was supposed to have been my knee replacement surgery that I had to put off.  I'm scheduled for 9/2 now, so hopefully work will be stable enough by then.  Have a wonderful rest of this Wednesday all! 

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

carbondated
on 7/15/15 6:13 pm

Wonderful to see you again.  When you are busy it is sometimes hard to squeeze in the time for anything except survival!  Hopefully you will have calmer days ahead.