VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Thursday July 23rd...

Thursday July 23rd. Another lovely day in the neighbourhood

carbondated
on 7/23/15 5:42 am

Morning all:

I am so very sorry K for your heart losses. Those are often more painful than physical hurts and speaking of physical hurts how is the leg today? 

It was a good day keeping-to-the-plan-day right up until 9pm and then went off plan a bit.  Oh well.  Today is a new day to start all over again.

D. Yes, the Calif water situation is dire isn't it.  Yikes.  We are on sprinkling rotations and now my friend, who is on FB constantly, tells me that the public shaming about having green grass has devolved into calling those who do:  ' grass--oles'.    

Have a wonderful day. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/15 10:52 am

Ha! Then I'm a grass-hole! I still water my lawn for 10 minutes 3 times per week. (the lawn isn't lush and green, but it's not completely dead either.)I did not plant a veggie garden this year, no flower beds, the roses ge****ered only once every three to four weeks (so no blooms), the toilet gets flushed very little, I wash my hair in the sink and limit showers to 2 per week and wash dishes in a bucket. So, I'm fine being a grass-hole!

Weight was up a bit today. NOt sure why. Normal flux I guess, but still wrong direction.

Doc looked at leg yesterday and believes all is healing well, but wants me to monitor because I also have a few symptoms of blood clot in the leg. However, since there is blood pooled down in my ankle, he is fairly certain that all the symptoms are related to the tear. He was nice about it. He offered to send me for ultra sound if I was really worried. I'm not, so I will continue to monitor.

Need to cut down on calories I guess since I'm not able to exercise. That's such a *****!

diane S.
on 7/23/15 11:23 am

hi all, 122 and all is well here.

Kairk, so sorry for your losses.  Must be so rough to deal with these sudden and unexpected events.  Hugs. 

Well we have qui****ering the yard but usually don'****er in the summer anyway. Just keeping the snow peas and strawberrys in pots going. Hubby has become quite the snow pea farmer and we feast upon the results. a great easy thing to grow on the deck  and so much better than store bought ones.  we eat them raw - a good potato chip substitute! 

our art studio has glass workers and clay workers. we call the glass people "gl********"  and they call us "dirt bags". tee hee.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

stephanieplum
on 7/23/15 11:26 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I'm back from one of our  last hoorahs before Andy starts band camp.  We're taking a little overnight  shopping trip tomr with friends.  My food was on point except for the two cookies that jumped in my mouth.  We walked trails, toured a cave that was described as strenuous, 330 steps and slick.  We had a great time.  We came home from our trip and unpacked,  did 4 loads of laundry and mowed our yard plus the neighbors front yard.  We would have never done that pre-surgery.  My hubby has lost  70# the traditional way.  However, my ***** of a scale is up!  Oh, well...NSV override that crazy, unpredictable piece of equipment.  

Early walk and strength training this am.  We're having some work done on the house today and family coming in tonight for dinner and an overnight stay.  

Have a wonderful weekend!