VSG Maintenance Group

Wednesday!

carbondated
on 7/29/15 5:48 am

It is a good thing that every new day is a day to start over as last evening was quite dreadful.  Every thing that was not nailed down went in my mouth.

not quite sure why.

lots of salty things so this am am bloated and puffy.

beginning again.

enjoy your day.

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/15 9:41 am

Carbondated, sorry you had a dreadful evening. Happens. If you really sit with it, you'll figure out what the trigger was.

Scale still really likes this weight! Not eating to lose though. Eating a nice maintenance level.

Had a thought: When does the idea of "I'm working on it", become an excuse for doing nothing or staying stagnant? I'm sure the line is individual, but something my therapist said last week has made me think about this. She told me that when I have negative thoughts I can counter them with "I'm working on it." (about food and weight). I'm wondering where my line is.

Going out to lunch with some VSGers. Haven't seen one in a while - since my regain. Feeling hesitancy, trepidation, and some embarrassment. I'm sure it will be fine, but part of me doesn't want to be seen. Silly perhaps, but I'm hoping you all can relate.

stephanieplum
on 7/29/15 3:54 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

Oh! Devon....I totally understand.  However, I bet those pounds are less noticeable than you think.  And, they're your friends, right?  I remember one of my good friends telling me that when I was fat she just didn't see me that way...meaning that was not her focus.  She saw my other qualities...I have always appreciated that!  So, I know that seeing you in their eyes is not the same thing you see:) I hope you had a great time!!!!

"I'm working on it." Hmmm...something to think about. If you're not actively "working on it" then you'd have to adjust your line.  And, sometimes I'm just not!

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/15 9:33 pm

Thanks, Lesa. It was nice to see my friends. Of course, they are supportive and in our talk today we realized that all of us have "addictive personalities" and had similar issues in our families growing up. Seems that for us our dysfunction manifested itself in food abuse. Gave me something more to think about.

diane S.
on 7/29/15 10:28 am

124. still into the pb. maybe i should toss whats left of it.  need to clean out the fridge - not to get rid of bad stuff but there is all this old stuff in there.   who knows what i will find.   guests coming tomorrow night and gotta have some fridge space.  have a good one.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

stephanieplum
on 7/29/15 5:01 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

It's been a busy week!  Hard work out today.  Laundry.  Business to take care of before school starts.  

Two bites too many makes Lesa an uncomfortable girl...when will I learn!!!!

Scale is basically the same.