VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, Monday Augu...

Monday, Monday August 3rd

carbondated
on 8/3/15 6:01 am

scale not moving, even though it was a busy busy day.  Made not good choices in the morning but the rest of the day was good.

food prices:  in our local super market a few weeks ago there was a gathering of people around the beef section.  I kid you not, there was a roast listed for $87.00.  Not sure what the cut was but for that kind of money it should have been rimmed with gold!!

stephanieplum
on 8/3/15 6:31 am
VSG on 06/27/12

153# but I saw 152# and it flipped back to 153# so I'm close to moving back down. Enjoying my last couple weeks of summer vacation.  

An $87 roast!!! Wow! Where do you live!!!  

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/15 9:39 am

My scale loves this number! I even reset the scale to make sure it wasn't stuck somehow! It wasn't!

Today I meet with the nutritional therapist. Hopefully, she will support my decision to go back into an honest WL mode rather than just monitoring macros and intake. I did do my assignment and wrote out my ideal food plan. It turned out to be a little harder than I thought because some emotional crap came up with it. It really is remarkable how emotionally attached we become to foods (my case dessert type carbs). There is a most sincere part of me that does not want to ever go without those types of foods and the idea of restricting them sets off little warning bells. I wish I could really figure out what triggers those feelings. Any of you have similar?

Calories: at almost 4 years out I am wondering what might be a good calorie level for WL mode. I can tell you it certainly won't be 600-800! That would be like starving. I'm thinking 1400 to 1600 calories. I know those of you who post are ladies, but what calorie level have you been using when you want to reduce or lose a few pounds?

Thanks!

stephanieplum
on 8/3/15 10:41 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I'm having a hard time still not being a "normal person" who can seem to eat what they want, when they want and still maintain their weight.  I go into really childish behavior and sometimes say screw it and eat/drink what I want but the consequences are no so desirable.  I really have an attachment to my Mom's cooking and cannot refuse it.  She is a little better about not cooking so much when we come.

Calorie wise I'm trying to stick to 1,000 but sometimes go over.  I lost 5# last month.  I'm exercising 5-6 days week; doing cardio and strength training (3 days/week).  It's slow but I feel like I'm finally getting in the groove.  However, school is about to start and my groove will be shaken a bit.  I'd like to keep this schedule for exercise but we shall see.

diane S.
on 8/3/15 12:26 pm

$ 87 for a roast?  Jeez i remember when that would get you half a cow!   yeah, food prices are up. eggs are expensive now - used to be the cheap option. veggies are going to get worse with cal drought.  luckily my hubby is busy growing loads of snow peas.  of course, he has spent hundreds of dollars on all the pots, trellis, tables and tools to do so.  oh well.

Kairk your thoughts about sweets reminded me of a bad love affair.   Maybe thats how i will think of such things as I used to be a major cookie monster.  still am but in recovery.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/