VSG Maintenance Group

Weds. Aug 12

carbondated
on 8/12/15 6:29 am

morning all

well Kairk you held me together yesterday.  Nothing with sugar/white passed the lips EXCEPT the meatballs.  Dang!  Didn't check.  Good call on your part.

did the walk and in general did ok.  Does the scale agree?????  Nope.

and we carry on!

diane S.
on 8/12/15 12:14 pm

Hi all. 124 after the big night out. It was fun to go hear good jazz in a very casual outdoor setting.  Most people there were on the far side of middle age - as was the band - .  nice.   split an order of plain chicken wings with hubby and had wine. also stole a few french fries from a friend. the homemade kind - awesome good.   anyway had fun.    gotta walk it off with the dogs today.    

Kairk you are so strong.    thanks so much for sharing your experiences. it does a world of good.  avoiding sugar and white carbs is probably the most important thing we can do.   I once made a sculpture of an obese humming bird drinking from a can of soda.  gotta do more.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/15 6:32 pm

Day 3 - still eating clean! Yay me!

More on the show I taped (Oooo, I'm old.... DVR'd)  PBS Monday night - "Sweet Revenge", a talk by Dr. Robert Lustig about sugar and processed food in the standard American diet. What a great motivator to stay on point! If you get a chance to watch it, please do. I'd record it and fast forward through all the fund raising sections. BTW, Lustig is the author of one of my favorite books, "Fat Chance". Yesterday I mentioned safe carbs. Boils down to this: safe carbs=all whole carbs (including grains that have been unprocessed, e.g. steel cut oats, quinoa, whole fruits and vegetables). That's a very basic look. Worth researching on your own if you have an interest in eating carbs in daily life.

I will be waiting to add most carbs back in for quite some time. Am feeling like there is a chance at getting back to fighting weight. Am surprised by the number the carbs were doing not on my body, but on my THINKING! Quite scary really considering that by most people's standards I still ate low carb (but the carbs I did eat beyond my two 1/4 cup servings of berries and one salad and one vegetable each day were really toxic carbs).

He talks about safe carbs