VSG Maintenance Group

Aug 13 Thursday

carbondated
on 8/13/15 1:44 am

can't sleep and have been up walking off leg cramps.

Kairk again you have been my conscience.  Other then boiled raisins that slipped by the sugar guidelines for some reason AND the ketchup that smeared on a bread less hotdog, it was a 'clean' day.

did not walk for long only 30 min but better then nothing.

the bloated feeling is going.  Have been amazed at how often I have been going to the proverbial cookie jar and I catch myself thinking  'what would Kairk do'.  Stops  me in my tracks.

today  is going to be a very long day.

stephanieplum
on 8/13/15 1:17 am, edited 8/13/15 5:21 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Must have been the night for insomnia!!! I didn't sleep well at all...it must be because school is starting soon and my mind is going.  I also had a hip injection at the hospital yesterday and that is a side effect I read about at 3am :). Taking it easy today...errand and a pedicure are the order of the day.  Plus, it's National Left Hander's Day and a reason for celebration.  I'm celebrating with a spinach salad and a glass of white wine (maybe).

i had another "episode" in a restaurant no less where I started to have excutiating stomach pain right underneath my breasts, started to sweat; then clammy...lasted about 10 minutes, then it passes. I have to lay down and breathe through it.   This is my 3rd event...really dont know why it happens.  All three times I've had a ****tail...but it doesn't happen every time I have a ****tail.  I'm not eating too much or too fast.  This time I had two bites of my meal. It's a mystery and really kind of embarrassing... My surgeon died so I'm without a dr.  The aftercare in his office was sub par at best anyway...thoughts???

Have a great day, ya'll!!!

carbondated
on 8/13/15 9:23 am

Good morning:

I have no ideas at all but how worrisome.    Is finding another physician a total pain like it is here? 

OUCH! 

Hope it gets sorted out soon.    And let us hope that we both have a better night tonight.  

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/15 1:35 pm

I have a very similar reaction when I take liquid codeine. About 10 minutes after I take it I get a pain that grows and grows and becomes quite intense. lasts about 10 minutes and then subsides. This happened after two dental procedures. The periodontist switched me to a pill form and I had no reaction whatsoever. Only drawback is that the pill form takes longer to kick in. My PCP thinks it's a reaction due to the change in anatomy. I'm not certain because it is what my surgeon prescribed immediately post op and I took it for a few days with no problems.

By any chance is it a specific type of liquor each time?

stephanieplum
on 8/13/15 2:04 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

I've had the same reaction to liquid loritab one time and I chalked up to taking it on an empty stomach.  Now that lasted about an hour!!! I had forgotten about that.  As for choice of liquor...one time is was a beer, the next time a peach bellini and this last time a bloody mary. So...who knows!!! I've had each of those drinks again an no reaction.  

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/15 2:07 pm

I think you ought to see your PCP just to be on the safe side. Hmmm.... perhaps your sleeve is telling you it doesn't want alcohol. AKC!

stephanieplum
on 8/13/15 2:12 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

I plan to if it happens again.  Where is the dislike button!!!!

diane S.
on 8/13/15 11:08 am

124.5 today. i feel like a pork.  made bit's without the bread last night. lettuce, sliced tomatoes, some turkey bacon and blob of mayo.  great taste.  it was warm here and i drank water like a fish yesterday.  hope thats what the pound is.

steph, you gotta find a doctor.   could be a stricture, ulcer, gall bladder, who knows.  hope you figure it out.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/15 1:57 pm

Day 4 and I'm feeling quite good. I've been going sort of hardcore, though. No refined white anything, no sugar, limited fruit, etc... Had head hunger last night. What was wonderful is that I knew it was head hunger and I made a choice to eat some nuts. I figured it could be a reaction to eating clean for a few days, so I just chose to eat a half oz. of almonds and then a half oz of peanuts.

I've been tracking (even though I PROMISED myself that the sugar detox would not be about weight loss). I have been eating carefully and have been curious if the clean eating would create weight loss as a by product. I've been tacking and landing right around the 1400-1500 calories per day. My carb level has not been exceptionally low, but all carbs are coming from dairy (Greek Yogurt or whole milk), fruits, vegetables and yesterday and today I included a La Tortilla Factory Somoma Carb Smart tortilla (60 calories, 11 carbs, 7 fiber, 3 or 5 protein ).

Couldn't stay off the scale today and found myself down exactly 4 lbs. since Monday. Though, next Monday will be the weight I use to track.