VSG Maintenance Group

Thursday. Aug20

carbondated
on 8/20/15 5:24 am

so sorry about the bone scan.  Neg medical tests are always upsetting.

all 11 of us went for a delicious Chinese smorgasbord last evening with subsequent no movement scale wise.   Could have made better choices food wise.

did the walk and drank the water so that was good.

happy. Thursday!!

diane S.
on 8/20/15 8:22 am

well 125.5 today with no bad eating.  cries, my midnight snack was a glass of skim milk.  phony, gravitational changes must be occurring with global warming.  

but there is a class at our local senior center nearby for bone thinning.   will check it out.   

hubby loves the chinese buffet here.     goes with his sister, not me.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/15 2:39 am, edited 8/20/15 2:40 am

Yesterday I met with some of my Dr. C VSG cronies and we went and had dinner at Elephant Bar. ThinLizzy asked me what I was having and I told her the petite sirloin with sauteed green beans. Two of the ladies were so taken by my choice they ordered the same and the other had the steak with a small salad. I was tickled that they followed my lead. After dinner we went to a informational meeting/support group led by Dr. C. Was great to see him. It's been months and months. I always find him to be very inspiring.

Still on my no sugar kick. The addition of abstaining from refined flour products must be helping, too. My revamped "diet" is certainly is getting to be the norm now. . I have been monitoring intake - weighing, measuring, logging - about 90% of the time.

Averages on stats this past week have been 1400-1450 calories per day. 120 - 140 grams of protein, and carbs have been bouncing between 70 and 90 per day (still low by most standards, but not by post op standards. I'm not willing to go hard core on carb elimination just yet. My carbs are all from yogurt/dairy, berries, nuts, and minimal servings of whole grain - steel cut oats, quinoa, etc...)

I have to say that I'm enjoying the by product of my plan. Down 5.4 since last Monday. No complaints here.

Am mentally preparing for my drive to Pismo Beach for the funeral tomorrow and also for the first two official days of school next week. These are truly days of food HELL for me.