VSG Maintenance Group

Thursday August 27th

carbondated
on 8/27/15 6:48 am

Morning everyone:

Diane I have no suggestions as I loathe smoothies of any kind and really dislike protein drinks of any kind.  Hmmmmmmm.   All the best when you see the M.D. 

All is well here.  Went to the Chinese buffet place yesterday and while I made as good as choice as I could this morning the scale is up and I can feel the salt behind my eyes and WORSE!  The skinny jeans gape. 

So today is a water, water and water day.   Plus cleaning for the visitors and more freaking about the food. AND we have been invited to a pot luck with another family who has a different set of food allergies.  Bottled water any one? 

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/15 10:43 am

Happy morning... I can't believe I'm down  8.3 pounds since I started my "reset". Only .6 more until I hit my first goal and 1.7 to the second! Whoo hoo! I am beginning to understand on a much deeper level the negative effects and body responses from eating such refined foods. It is making it much, much easier to steer clear of the foods that do not promote health, stable weight or weight loss.

Diane, I like the Syntrax Iced Tea protein. It's pricy, though. I also like to use the protein powder as a first breakfast, so I want something a little more creamy and thick. I use and LOVE GNC's Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. I like the chocolate flavor and usually buy to large tubs at a time (so I get the discount! otherwise, it's pricy, too!). I mix one scoop (20 grams protein) with 1 cup of unsweetened Almond milk (buy at Costco in six pack! FAR CHEAPER than at the grocery store!). Rich and silky and adequately filling.

diane S.
on 8/27/15 5:55 pm

Hi all, thanks for the thoughts.  124.5 today.   dr,C says to up calcium a little but get off my a$$ and so weight bearing exercise.   i have this dvd of p-90  which i don't mind so i guess i will do that.   its a start. 

Congrats Kairk on your success.   way to go. just shows  the power of being free from sugar.   lets all think of sugar as crack or a jail. 

diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

stephanieplum
on 8/27/15 7:46 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

I lost my F'ing mind after school today...I consciously had a a mini binge of chips and candy...I'll be sorry when my scale is up but while I was eating I enjoyed it!  What does that say!!!  I did tell myself that's enough...it's been a good week. I've thought about it...tired of thinking about it...moving on!  I'm just not sure why I ate it.

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/15 12:08 am

Hey Lesa, Sorry you lost your mind. But, boy I know how that works! LOL! I spent a great deal of last spring hunting for chocolate after the dismissal bell rang. Knew exactly what I was doing, too. At the time, I did not "know" why I was doing it. Turns out, I really did - just didn't want to fess up to it. I was stress eating. I was eating as a reward for getting through the day. I was eating because, damn it, I wanted to have an after school snack!

So now when I want to eat when I'm not physically hungry I have a deal with myself - I identify what's behind the eating. Am I stressed, pissed, tired, bored, etc... Once I identify the trigger I'm free to eat. I have found over time that simple exercise has reduced the actual eating.

It's actually fun once you get used to it. I am sometimes amused by my "Moods" and what events trigger them. Tonight I was uber tired (11 hour day of school and grooming). The second dog was being a butt head on the table. When I was done I was cranky and needed to vent. Ron didn't want me venting (you know, I'm always supposed to be pleasant, but he can vent because I can take it....LOL!). So I look at him and say, "I'm venting. Deal with it. If i hold it in I will eat or hold it in and that's bad for my health. So what's it going to be - deal with a cranky Devon for a few minutes or jeopardize my health?" Once I said it, I half laughed at myself, realized I was being stupid and probably should eat because I had had less than 700 calories and it was already 8:00 pm. and I grabbed a cheese stick.

Maybe I digressed there, but I'm hoping I made my point - knowing why you want to eat is often the cure for the eating. And sometimes knowing why you want to eat makes it perfectly okay to have a "mini binge"!

stephanieplum
on 8/28/15 5:09 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I knew I'd get wise words from you!!!   I did think about it some more and decided I was actually tired.  Imagine that!!!  And,  I still had a meeting to attend. Also, I'm pissed at the scale again for not budging and thought I might as well eat what I want!!   How's that going to work for me!!!!   lol. School is hard...snacks and candy all around.  I need to learn to deal.  I had healthy snacks in my fridge but didn't go there.  Hopefully, next time I can deal with this in a better way!  I wasn't physically hungry at all...The good thing is I didn't punish myself or beat myself up.  Today is a new day!

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/15 8:00 am

And sometimes, it's simply permissible to have a junk fest! Glad you figured it out and are okay with it. I have trouble when I'm tired, too.

I got to school and found a bag of cookies in my box! I looked at them, smiled and put them in my teaching partner's box for her daughter!

diane S.
on 8/28/15 10:30 am

love love love this post. everybody is entitled to vent once in awhile.   it might even be in the constitution. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/