VSG Maintenance Group

Thursday sept 24

carbondated
on 9/24/15 12:38 am

warning:  this a whine

am back home and have had a most wonderful visit with family and friends.   The only downer was the cold that turned into,  I think, also the flu.  I was dripping from the neck up with the chills and thrills that go with it.  But, did I stop eating.  No.  All I did for two days was eat carbs and more carbs. I reverted 100% back to childhood with egg salad sandwiches.

Having said that,  on the drippiest day, we toured a zoo for four hours so that helped a little.

the plane was brutal because of ear ache when descending.  A baby was wailing and I knew exactly how he felt. 

Needless to to say the scale is up, I am bloated and weary.

however today was a good food day, but no exercise, unless you count walking to the car.

tomorrow is back to work.  The dripping has stopped and the coughing has begun.  Oh joy!

momsy55
on 9/24/15 10:51 am - ME

Hi All!  I've been gone for quite awhile, and a lot has happened.  Work finally became more manageable as we got to full staff.  I had my knee replacement surgery on 9/2 and am still home, though working a couple of hours a day and doing more.  This experience has been more tiring than I had ever imagined.  My stamina, after 3 weeks, is finally starting to increase.  I go back to work next week, part time.  The food was not an issue for most of this recovery period.  In fact, my appetite decreased.  Along with the fact that some of the meds I took, or am still taking, can do a number on my stomach, starchy carbs became "ok" in my book, as they have helped to keep the stomach problems at bay.  But, I got lulled into a false sense of security, and as you might imagine, my appetite has come back.  My weight has been fairly stable, though I don't know what I really weigh still, as the swelling isn't gone yet, and I eat right after getting up so I can take meds.  But when I've weighed myself, the weight is within a pound or so.  I need to be more mindful though, as I don't want to plunge back into old eating habits, which I've seen starting to creep in.  I realized today that it's been way too long since I posted.  So here I am, warts and all, hopefully starting back on my daily check ins.  Have a great day!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/15 11:46 pm

Welcome back! Great to "see" you! Glad you got that old knee taken care of. From what I've heard knee surgery is one of the most exhausting and painful "elective" surgeries. Glad you are beginning to feel better. 

diane S.
on 9/24/15 11:10 am

Hey its national whine day. My turn. I am up to 127, an all time high. don't feel like i have been overeating. Attributing it to this prednisone but fortunately today is the last dose (at least for the time being). And seeing Dr. Cirangle in 3 days and will feel fattened up like a piglet. 

Carbon so sorry you are sick.  at least the coughing stage signals the end.  rest up girlfriend and get some codeine. 

Momsy glad you are back. we missed you.  sorry the new knee took so much out of you but i bet you will be loving it soon.

jus****ched the pope address congress.  I am not a catholic or much of anything, but i kind of like this guy's style.     diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/15 12:39 pm

I'm on track and seeing the results. According to today's weigh in I am now 13.1 pounds down from the beginning of my no sugar quest that began on August 10. While it's not a post surgery weight loss rate, I'm pleased with it. The weight is coming back off at a pace that seems comfortable and sustainable given the food plan I have adopted. 

I have found once again, that I am a creature of habit. I have my little repertoire of foods I eat and rotate through and don't deviate too much from those few things. Anyone else do this during WL? I'm not complaining - it works and I don't mind the repetition of eating the same thing for several days. More an observation than anything else.  My partner hates eating that way. He likes to have a wide variety of foods each week. Me, I could have chicken and green beans every day for lunch all week long and it wouldn't bother me a bit.