VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunny Sunday 9-27-1...

Sunny Sunday 9-27-15

stephanieplum
on 9/27/15 10:33 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Scale is down again and I weight 149#... Crazy!!!  I chose my food wisely yesterday.  I passed on pizza and chose a spinach salad with chicken and a glass of wine.  I was happy!  My lunch was fajita chicken, black beans and squash/zucchini.  

Lesson plans.  Walking.  Laundry.  My doggie companion goes home today, but comes back next week:)

Have a wonderful day!

diane S.
on 9/27/15 3:22 pm

hey steph, good on you.  congrats.

today i was down to 127 and hope i will reduce as the prednisone is gone.

nevertheless, saw dr. C today and he showed me at 131 and was all over me before I could even tell him about the prednisone.  But we had a good talk and i left with new resolve. he got all over my hubby too who needs it.

the reason i needed the prednisone was low blood platelet count. it can mean many things.  the good news is the prednisone brought it back to normal and ultra sound was normal.  so probably no big thing. i feel relieved.    D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

stephanieplum
on 9/27/15 3:33 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

I'll bet once the meds are out of your system, you'll be back at your fighting weight.  Hang in there!

carbondated
on 9/27/15 4:00 pm

Well done everyone.

Very late on here today.  Have not walked but the house is ship-shape.   Taking another friend for a medical appointment tomorrow so am packing a lunch and eating wisely. ( hopefully - could just graze my way around Costco but most of that is prepared not-good-for-you-stuff. )

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/15 4:03 pm

Scale was down for me, too, this morning! Not much - 0.2 pounds, but that was enough to push me over the losing a full 14 pounds since I've been on my new track. Tomorrow marks 7 weeks, so I'm averaging 2 pounds per week. I can certainly live with that. I wonder if I will continue losing at this rate. Will be interesting to see how it goes. I'm just keeping on keeping on! 

Diane, glad the lab work came back okay and the ultra sound was clear! Dr. C can be stern when he gets a bee in his bonnet, huh?! He told me to lose 20 lbs in three months - no more because then I'd give myself too many outs along the way. I figure he's been doing this long enough to have seen it all, so I listen. (It's nice he treats me as one of his own when I go to a support group meeting!)

diane S.
on 9/27/15 4:50 pm

yeah ya gotta love dr. C.  he was very reassuring about the low platelet being nothing to worry about even though he is not treating me for it.  he told hubby to lose 10 by the end of october and then 30 more.  amazing how he keeps his enthusiasm for helping people avoid overeating. can't believe he is not sick of it.   D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/