VSG Maintenance Group

October29.Thursday

carbondated
on 10/29/15 6:11 am

morning all and so glad you have joined us Spencerella. Yay!!!!

1.5 pounds down this am!!!! A relief but still a ways to go.

Walked the little legs off with over 17,000 steps and of course felt more tired after looked at the numbers.

we are avoiding the whole Halloween thing by going to the movies and the dinner. Am so old that remember when they gave out candied apples (sans razor blades) and popcorn balls. It usually poured.

enjoy your Thursday.

Spencerella
on 10/29/15 8:18 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Awesome loss and steps Carbon! I'm down another pound as well, which puts me at my goal weight of 115. Staying on low cals to shave off another one for sure.

I'm rocking a new suede skirt today. I've always been a serious clothes horse and being this size adds a lot of pleasure to my 'hobby'. And even at more than two years at this weight I still get a little thrill when I take in the fact that every piece of clothing I have actually fits and looks great.

Have a great day everyone!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/15 9:26 am

Happy Day! Mini Goal Reached!

Carbon, you and I are in sync! My scale was down 1.3 today which puts me at 20.6 pounds lost since August 10. YAY!

Patience paid off. I also notice that when I pay very close (and I mean very close) attention to how my body actually feels where hunger is concerned, I eat less. Most of my eating between 4:00 pm and bedtime is habit and emotional and has nothing whatsoever to do with actual hunger or physical need to eat. Must keep remembering do monitor that closely.

I am still undecided what to do for Halloween. I would like to hand out to the neighbors with little ones so my plan is to find the type of candy I dislike (Laffy Taffy, Gob Stoppers, twizzlers, etc....) and hand those out. I will then have no trouble throwing the rest away or leaving it untouched and bringing it to school on Monday. I can also have Ron take it to the bookstore- now that's a thought.

Linda, it's so nice to have you posting again. I've missed your insights and perspective!

Spencerella
on 10/29/15 2:47 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Wickedly good news, my friend! You've worked damn hard for this

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

momsy55
on 10/29/15 10:14 am - ME

Hi All! It's turned into a nice, fairly warm day here after torrential rains last night.

Still battling the late afternoon munching demons. I like what you said Kairk about looking at how you are actually feeling during those times. If I think about it, I really wasn't overly hungry yesterday, but still felt the need to eat, out of habit as I made dinner. I'll have to key in better today.

Congrats to all of you with your victories - mini or otherwise! I'm so happy for you all, and, selfishly, it gives me hope that I too can get there once again.

We will be home giving out candy on Hallowen, though I haven't bought any yet. My youngest is still a trick or treater and has a couple of friends coming over for the day and the evening festivities. Even with the struggles I've been having, I feel comfortable with the candy around, as, at least up until now, I've been able to stay away without too much difficulty. It's the food that I don't choose to not eat that seem to be where I struggle. Carbon, I too remember the apples and popcorn balls! I am an old mom, having adopted at ages 43 and 50, so I have a 17 and a 10 year old! For the most part, they keep me young, though there are days when I do question my sanity in having become a parent so late! :)

Have a great rest of the day!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

diane S.
on 10/29/15 12:02 pm

greetings earthlings

Hmm, i wonder if space aliens have weight problems and have to go on diets.

down a pound today. seems to be the trend for all. good for us.

getting ready for the halloween onslaught. will have 12 people here for soup supper who all help pass out candy. I also got some fancy chocolate for one guest who is a mega chocolate eater and seems rude to make him eat hershey bars all night. any leftover chocolate will be sent away. my treat will be wine. making lentil soup for all. hope they eat it up.

good to see more people posting. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/