VSG Maintenance Group

WED 4th November

carbondated
on 11/4/15 6:34 am

Morning all:

Well I must admit am a tad discouraged. Scale is UP .1 today and this after counting calories and walking and walking and walking. 8 miles yesterday.

However something has to give at some point.

Eating lots of greens and veggie stir fries and the calories are 1200 or perhaps 1300. But am going to have another look at food intake and perhaps am ' cheating ' in areas that have become so common place that don't notice them.

So ever onward and upward.

Spencerella
on 11/4/15 7:29 am, edited 11/3/15 11:35 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Keep fighting the good fight Carbon! The rewards ALWAYS come.

I'm up a full pound to 116 , likely a reflection of poor hydration yesterday and a salty seafood chowder for dinner.

Watching the swearing in ceremony for our new Prime Minister and his Cabinet this morning. Proud Canadian!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

diane S.
on 11/4/15 8:26 am

well i am up a pound to 128. no clue why but i bet i get a ton of steps today walking though airports. may not be on here for awhile. peace everyone. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

stephanieplum
on 11/4/15 9:00 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Good Morning Everyone...153# today. That's down a couple of pounds but up from my 148#. I can get there (it takes a lot of effort and exercise) but just don't stay there. Oh, well...my red line is 155#. All is well in my world.

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/15 10:40 am

Scale the same here today. All is well.

Carbon, if you are uncertain about calories, you are probably on the high side. Diligently track for a few days. You'll get the info you need to make any necessary changes. .1 is nothing. You are maintaining and will make a drop soon!

Did you all know that people who keep a gratitude journal have better sleep and health? Damn! I read that this morning and I thought, "hmmmm.... that makes sense. It's so easy to focus on the negative. Why not try looking at the things for which I'm grateful?" So for the rest of the month, I'm going to list one thing with each post for which I'm grateful. Heck, maybe along with better sleep and health, the weight will come off more easily, too! I can hope, can't I?

I am grateful that I have had the guidance to be able to come to accept the truth about my food issues - especially sugar. It took a lot of hard work to get here.

Happy Hump Day!

momsy55
on 11/4/15 12:22 pm - ME

Hi All! A mild and pleasant day here. I have my office window open and am enjoying the breeze!

Kairk, thanks for the encouragement yesterday and the reminder that I do have to pull up my big girl pants and just take the plunge with weighing myself. I didn't do so this morning, but hope to do so tomorrow morning. I ate too much yesterday afternoon. I got a snack - nuts. But instead of buying a single packet, I bought a can and just couldn't stop. I know that nuts are a trigger food for me, but I bought them anyway. Today, I have been more mindful, and food has been in its place. I am making the commitment to be mindful about what I eat for the rest of today.

Carbon, I always seemed to find that the day after dance, when I'd done more of a workout, the scale would be up a bit the next day, but by the following day, it would be down - that is if my eating was clean of course. Don't get discouraged. You're on the right path!

Kairk, I like the idea of listing at least one thing to be grateful for each day. I do tend to lose sight of the positives and dwell on the negative. So, I'm going to join you in adding something I'm grateful for as well.

I'm grateful for having good health. I was slowly dying from a number of medical conditions before the WLS and now, I am a healthy woman, something I never thought would be true!

Have a great rest of the day! Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180