VSG Maintenance Group

Tues Nov 10 2015

carbondated
on 11/10/15 6:25 am

Happy Tuesday everyone.

sounds like everyone is on track with their food plans and exercising.   Thanks Kairk!!!! 

Big city went well, the medical appt for my friend went VERY well and all heart thumping fear has gone.

ate well and walked it seemed forever around the shops, so much so that Fitbit said that had done 10,560 steps.   

Scale down this morning.   

Enjoy everything today has to offer.

momsy55
on 11/10/15 6:46 am - ME

Good morning all!  Another fairly mild (for November) day in store here in central Maine. 

Scale was down 2.6 lbs this morning.  I knew that the 3 lb. gain was not a real gain, but it's still nice to have a loss.  Food yesterday was very clean and it felt so good!  So far so good today as well.

Kairk, you wrote about coming to the realization that you have a problem with suger, to the core.  That is me in a nutshell!  Every so often, I think that I could handle sugar, but thank goodness, I come to my senses before taking that first bite.  I know to my core that if I start down that road, I will gain all of my weight back eventually.  I may be able to handle sugar for a little while, deluding myself into thinking that I can do it now.  But before too long, it will be calling my name - first as a whisper, but later as a blood curdling scream.  Today I choose to not take that chance.  While I've struggled with other trigger foods over the past year or two, it's never (so far thank goodness!) been to the degree that I know sugar would be.  Having made the choice to stay away from sugar products, a day at a time, has been one of the most freeing experiences of my life!

Nice to meet some of you on facebook.  I'm still trying to figure out who is who, but I will eventually.  :)   Have a great day!   Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Spencerella
on 11/10/15 9:36 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I enjoyed looking through you FB page. You have a beautiful family!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

momsy55
on 11/10/15 12:41 pm - ME

Thank you LInda!  I'm looking forward to checking out yours and others FB pages too.  I ran out of time last night.

Spencerella
on 11/10/15 9:27 am, edited 11/10/15 1:27 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Good morning!  Still at 116.

Had a super uncomfortable day emotionally yesterday. Not about anything in particular, but a general sense of malaise and restlessness where I just wanted to eat constantly. There were a few bites that found their way in, but no caloric consequence to speak of.

When these days happen, I try to become the observer rather than feel guilty about what I'm doing. I was feeling bored and lonely and it was difficult for me to reach out, especially in the middle of the day. I've always struggled with reaching out when I'm 'in the moment'.

Somewhat better after hubby came home but it was unsettling for sure and took a fair amount of white knuckling to get through. Eventually went to bed to avoid a binge.

Today I'm feeling much better. It's good to write about it too.

LINDA                 

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/15 10:36 am

I have a young dog who was born with a very serious heart defect. She will not live a full life and from the time she was quite small (12 weeks or so) physical exertion has caused her great physical distress. We knew what was wrong with her by the time she was 12 weeks old after having done a cardiac ultra sound and a consult with a doggy cardiologist. At that time the prognosis was very bleak. I asked my vet if she had seen this before and she had multiple times during her career. Most breeders, I was told, choose to put puppies with this defect down upon diagnosis. I chose to allow the pup to live her life with us. I was warned that her life could be very short and that death could be sudden. Lucy is now 15 months old and one of the most positive and joyful dogs I have ever had. She reminds me every day that even when life deals you a lot of lemons, you can make lemonade. Her attitude and recovery after each episode (and there are multiple episodes daily) is more than admirable. I am grateful every day that she is in my life. Watching Lucy live with her disability helped me during my struggles to get back on track and accept my own issues with food. Funny, how a dog helped me learn about my own "disability". I kind of think that maybe, just maybe, Lucy was brought to me when I needed her most and for that I will always be grateful. 

And with that, the scale is up another 4/10 of a pound today. That means I'm u******ce Sunday just on account of because. There is no reason other than I haven't pooped and I guess I'm retaining a bit of fluid. The calories and macros have all been in check. 

On track today and intend to keep it that way. 

I'm very excited to have tomorrow off for Veteran's Day. I should visit my uncle who is a WWII vet. I will see if he's up to it. I'm going to plan on a leisurely morning, no matter what! 

Spencerella
on 11/10/15 2:02 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Dear, sweet Lucy. Blessings to her and to you. 

LINDA                 

momsy55
on 11/10/15 12:56 pm - ME

What a lovely story of Lucy! 

Once again, I forgot to add my gratitude to my daily post.  Today I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to return to dance, not only just recently, though I am loving being back, but also for the past 4+ years.  What joy it has brought to my life!