VSG Maintenance Group

Sunday November 8th

carbondated
on 11/8/15 6:58 am

Morning everyone!   Mary where are you?  You are missed. 

Well done Steph and the cupcakes, Kairk and the reserve and spring cleaning and Linda with your evening of joy. 

There was no joy in mudsville here.    Was it a full moon yesterday because everything wrong that could go wrong went wrong.   Work was simply overwhelming with strange issues, people not happy, the caterer forgot so that was last minute everything etc.etc etc.   We survived but not the funnest day on the planet.

At home the oven quit and for some reason the chicken that had cooked on Wednesday ( and was in the fridge ) was rancid so that had to go.  Last evening cooked an enormous batch of beans for a gathering that we are having here at noon and a burner went.   

Suffice it to say the scale is unbelievably UP and more UP.  Because stuffing my face was the only way that could deal with everything.  It was ' good ' food but just too much.   And oh yeah!  One of the ' difficult issues' in our life, had a total meltdown and ended up in the ER and we were called there at about 9pm.

Today should be a much calmer day and I can reflect back and sort of laugh.   NOT laughing though at the emotional way I reacted to it.   Will I NEVER learn that food is not the answer.

Today is another brand new day.  The sun is supposed to shine after a week of rain.  The beans are finally cooked and now all I have to do is rearrange the living/kitchen area to fit 30 or more people.   

Have a great day everyone. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/15 9:30 am, edited 11/8/15 1:31 am

Wow, Carbon! That truly sounds like a day from HELL! So sorry. As for your reaction, I think it's perfectly normal. We rely on what we know in times of crisis and you know, food worked in the past and it probably worked yesterday, too. Nothing wrong with that at all. Be proud of the choices you made! You ate "good" food and you won't have to detox off that! I hope you can enjoy your gathering today. I'm sending you all the good mojo I can! 

I'm enjoying a cloudy, cool morning in LL Bean flannel pj bottoms and a thick robe and Ugg slippers. I am a man of leisure until 10 am when it's off to the show! Bliss. I rarely get a morning like this. It feels like such a treat!

The scale was a dear, dear friend today! I was down another 1.2 this morning. Today is also the three month mark of starting this new no sugar syle of eating. Dr C's goal was for me to lose 20 pounds in 3 months. I have lost a solid 23. When I lose 6 more pounds I will be at the very top of the "Safe Zone", but that is still not in my goal weight range. I will need to lose another bit to get there. I now have to start being careful about my thinking and be very calculated and logical about setting my honest to goodness LIFETIME goal weight. I'm glad I have my NUT and shrink to help me with that this time around.

All is right in my world this morning. 

Spencerella
on 11/8/15 9:58 am, edited 11/8/15 5:18 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Oh Carbon what a day you had. Hugs to you my friend. Best part is it's over. Steph, you're onto a new day as well. Kairk congrats on the Reserve! And the weight loss.  You're a shining example of how we can climb out of the weight gain pit if we are put our attention there and are honest with ourselves.

I'm up to 116 today ****ep wanting to type 216 - how Freudian is that)  My scale always gives me the facts.  Poor hydration, salty food are the reasons but I did purposefully choose to eat some extra calories (up to my maintenance level) as a one-off 'treat' yesterday too.  I ate a few more than I planned, but  I'm putting my behavior into perspective, which for me means acknowledging it happened, trying to understand what led to it, thinking through how I might handle it differently next time, acknowledging that super vulnerable little girl in me who needs comforting, recognizing my humanness and moving on.

Hubby and I are cleaning house this morning.  Not sure what we will do for the rest of the day.  Maybe nothing, which is always grand.

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

stephanieplum
on 11/8/15 3:58 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

Hugs Carbon!!!!  Sorry it's been rough!  Hoping today was better!

Devon- glad you had a leisurely morning!  I'm going to have a leisurely morning tomr.  I'm taking a personal day tomr.!!!

Linda-I like what you said about acknowledging, understanding and then moving on...

I've had a busy day!  Church. Walmart shopping. Laundry.  Deep cleaned the kitchen. Shampooed my vehicle carpets (I spilled a shake and it was stinky).  White Bean Chicken Chili in the crockpot.  Black Bean Brownies and Tuna "Noodle" Casserole in the oven.  I think I'm done for the day!  Relaxing evening with Andy.  Right now we're watching the Broncos.  If they win my house will be a happy one.

Tomr, I am working out with my trainer and taking a long walk.  Putter around the house as there is always something to do.  Just enjoy the day...

Have a great evening!