VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Nov 13 Happy Happy ...

Nov 13 Happy Happy Friday

carbondated
on 11/13/15 6:26 am

Morning everyone.

the storm continues to rage.  Travel was cancelled as were the ferries so that was a relief.

proud of us all for making wise choices in the face of difficult offerings. 

Stuck to the food and exercise plan and the scale is UP.   WILL NOT GIVE IN TO  A SNARKY BIT OF EQUIPMENT.  So THERE scale, you have been told.

enjoy and have a happy Friday. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/15 8:57 am, edited 11/13/15 4:44 am

Carbon, don't let that old scale dictate your intake! You go! I know it's hard and I fight the urge to modify because of the scale, too. 

I learned yesterday how hard it is for me to bake without tasting! I "had" to make a torte and a pie for the Pie Palooza at school today. (Ummm....over achiever here....two pies, really????) Knowing that chocolate is a very major trigger I vowed not to eat and of the chips, lick the spoons or fingers, etc.... while preparing the torte. OMG! I didn't realize how tough that was going to be for me. I did it, though. Not a bit of chocolate. YAY! Brought the left over chips to school to give to our resident cookie baker. Don't want them in the house! 

Pie #2 is a Shaker Lemon Pie. I had left over crust, so I did make cinnamon roll ups with the left over dough. When I realized I had the extra dough I did decide then and there that I would have a couple of the roll ups - and I did. The roll ups were a childhood treat whenever my dad baked pies. It was a wonderful walk down memory lane and each and every calorie was worth it. I did wait until I was just ready for bed to eat them so as not to be tempted to eat too many! 

Scale was down a tad more today, so I'm at a new low (by 2/10ths of a pound, but hey, I'll take it!). 

I have decided to taste a few of the pies - specifically my lemon pie since I have never made it before. The trick will be to not over indulge. Wish me luck! 

Happy Friday the 13th. May no harm befall any of us today! 

EDIT: Lunch has come and gone. I had little forkfuls of several pies so I could taste and vote. I want to puke. UGH.!!!!!! I thought I was eating under capacity, but apparently not. POOP! I thought I was being so careful, too. Nice thing is I liked my lemon pie the best of any of the pies I tasted - even my wickedly sinful chocolate torte! 

stephanieplum
on 11/13/15 3:52 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

Lemon ...one of my favs!!!

diane S.
on 11/13/15 9:55 am

well still up from my trip but stuck to plan yesterday. there was a huge brick of fudge at the studio singing to me but i ignored it. 

carbon, glad you got to skip the boat ride.

Kairk, maybe your school should have veggie - palooza and do a healthy food event instead of pie festival. hard to change traditions i guess.  a pie festival would do me in.   my grandma used to make those little pie crust treats too.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

momsy55
on 11/13/15 2:33 pm - ME

Hi Everyone!  Today went by in a blur.  Home now for the weekend - yea!!!

I didn't weigh in this morning.  I ate breakfast without thinking, as I was rushed, before I got ready, which is when I usually get on the scale.  Plus hubby was using the bathroom, so even if I'd chosen to weigh myself after I ate, there was no privacy.  The day before was the same as the previous days, so I'm not overly concerned.  I will make sure to weigh myself tomorrow, though, as it keeps me honest.

Today has been a good food day.  I ate cleanly and mindfully.  I am starting to pay closer attention to my daily calorie count as well.  In doing so, I made a better choice for lunch than what I originally wanted. 

Congratulations to all of the victories you all have had.  Glad you're safe Carbon.  Welcome back Diane.

Tonight will probably be a movie night for hubby, my youngest, and me, as the oldest if always off with her boyfriend or others.  Oh to be 17 and carefree again!  Have a great Friday night all!     Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

stephanieplum
on 11/13/15 3:52 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

It's been a busy week... My food plan has not been the best and it shows.  I've been thinkin a lot this week about how and when I got off track.  I've had a few days where I have eaten on plan but more days than not since the 2nd week of October when thought I could eat what everybody else was eating at the outdoor classroom.  It's been downhill from there.  I need to stop now and have a plan or the holidays are going to bite me in the ass.  Ugg!  Reality and the truth hurts.  I've got to get back on a steady healthy eating plan, write down what I need to do and then do it... This is where I'm at...I'm a tad angry with myself for doing the same things and expecting different results.  It just doesn't work that way.  I'm still hanging in the 150's...it's not horrible. I just need to get it together.  It's not even about the number...it's about what I'm stuffing in my face...why I'm doing it and how it makes me feel.  

Happy it's Friday...we had inservice today...it was actually pretty good; A Creative Approach to Power Struggles.  Andy has a playoff game tonight.  I'm home with things I could be doing but have no desire...lol. Always tomr...

I'm thankful for the giggles in classroom:)

Have a great weekend, y'all!