VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday 14th Novem...

Saturday 14th November

carbondated
on 11/14/15 6:30 am

Morning everyone:

Kairk:  two pies and you mostly stuck to the tsp tasting of the others.  I would say that that is pretty darn good.  And now it is really confirmed that perhaps Kairk and sugar do not mix well.   That must be so validating. 

Mary and Diane:  I like the way you are keeping on no matter what.

Spencerella:  :  This is where I'm at...I'm a tad angry with myself for doing the same things and expecting different results.  It just doesn't work that way "      Could not have said it better myself.   

Have been fiddle faddling around with food and the consequences show in my body and on the scale.  It has taken a LOOOOOONG time to come to the realization that eating the way I once did when in the first months post surgery, is for me, the way it has to be if I want to take this off. 

I thank you all for your support, enthusiasm and saying-it-like-it is.    For now I have gone back charting everything that goes in my mouth ( including a large swipe of icing that went on the cake made last evening - thankfully no swiping of the cake dough ) and keeping a calorie count. 

Having a written down food plan has been helpful for me.  It is not as if  it is real hunger.  Mostly head hunger and a plan allows me to think oh!  I get to have 3 almonds in 20 minutes.  

Scale not responding one whit but my ' feelings' about all of this is on the positive side that one day it will show.  

Will be leaning on you all for support when the ' feelings' wobble.  And for sure they will.   As we have said:  the eating season is upon us and I don't want to fall into that trap. 

Enjoy your Saturday everyone. 

diane S.
on 11/14/15 8:37 am

well 128 today, slowly backing down from travel indiscretions.  Off to gallery work this am.  Will ignore the Fresh Fudge sign.  This afternoon is wine tasting at a local winery - i belong to their wine club.  They have yummy snacks but I mostly just want to try their new wine.

Got shrimp at costco which always makes for good low cal meals.  

Hang in there everybody.  Don't forget that between us we have probably lost 500 lbs. Lets not stress too much (me included) about a few.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Spencerella
on 11/14/15 11:49 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Happy Saturday everyone!  116 again today.  I'm working, then off to a party this evening. It's a full turkey dinner, which will be awesome.  Maybe no wine tonight.  Got a bit carried away last evening because I drank some wine, which always leads me to overeat.  But I keep doing it, don't I.   Thank god for my sleeve, which saves me from myself every now and then.  

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/15 4:50 pm

Hello, hello! It's practically evening, but I've just had time to log on and check in. Got up and hit the floor running - cleaned house, put a roast in and hosted the dog club board meeting - lunch then meeting. 

Well the proof is in the pudding as they say! While I did not feel well after eating the sugary pies yesterday, the cravings kicked in about 4:00 pm and they were strong. I knew it would happen and had a quest bar at the ready. That held me until dinner. Dinner was Chinese at a new place. Good food, but probably a little more salt than I'm used to. After dinner "forced" a piece of lemon pie on my friend Kevin. Waited for ron to get home and "forced" a slab on him and I ate the last bit. GONE out of the house. Done! 

Interestingly, when I eat sweets, I have to force water down. I usually drink loads, but yesterday I got only 56 oz down. Fingers are still swollen and I was up a whopping 2.1 pounds today. Now if that's not inflammation, I don't know what is. I'm fascinated by this. Clearly, a hefty dose of sugar and carbs - about 1000 calories - sends my body into an inflamed state. This is really good information for me to sit with and process. 

I have no regrets about yesterday. I'm not angry with myself or disappointed either. (Big change.) It was a single day and I'm back to it. I probably will show no weight loss for this past week on tomorrow's weigh day, and that's okay. 

Carbon: So glad that you are seeing some of your truths in a clear light. We all have to figure out what works for us on an individual basis. There is a lot to be said about following a basic 80,

stephanieplum
on 11/15/15 6:38 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Interesting observation abou****er....I've noticed that, too...just didn't make the connection.