VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Nov 18. Wednesday ...

Nov 18. Wednesday already

carbondated
on 11/18/15 6:25 am

good morning all and so pleased that everyone is on the mend from spills and pneumonia.   And again happy surgery-anniversary!  Well done!!!!  Kairk and Mary you rock with your food choices!,

for sure the scale is stuck, but am not giving up.  I just plain feel better eating clean.  Got in my goal of the ubiquitous 10,000 steps in spite of the storm that made the two walks a squelching, dripping  time. 

Happy Wednesday  everyone.  

momsy55
on 11/18/15 10:17 am - ME

Good morning!  Linda, how is your hand doing?  Stephanie, so glad the fever broke - I hope you're feeling better today.  Diane, congrats on 6 years - wow!!!

Dance last night was a hoot!  It was open house, so family and friends got to watch the class.  Luckily, only a handful show up for the adult class, while there are always many spectators for the kids' classes.  I didn't make too much of a fool of myself, and am finally starting to catch up.

Well, after Kairk and Carbon congratulated me on making good choices (thank you both!), I'm a bit red faced to admit I let the carb monster take over for a little bit last night and ate a bunch of tortilla chips, as well as nibbles here and there of other carbs.  Grrr!  Not surprisingly, the scale was up a bit this morning.  Today is a new day, and so far it's been clean.  I have to learn from my experience, while at the same time remembering that it's only one day at a time.  Getting angry with myself is so unproductive, and throughout my life has only made things worse, resulting in having been over 300 lbs.  So I am trying to not only believe intellectually that it is what it is and move on, but also for the emotional side of me to believe that as well.

Have a wonderful day!    Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/15 5:17 pm

No reason to be ashamed! You are clearly losing your all or nothing thinking about eating well, and that is way more important than eating a few handfuls of tortilla chips and other nibbles. I still nibble on nuts when I think I shouldn't, but I remind myself that it is a process and little by little I'm changing my overall eating behaviors, just as you are doing. I hope you can start knowing on that deep emotional level that it's okay to not be perfect. I think that is the hardest thing to really know. Heck, I had to practically have a breakdown and go see a shrink to get it! In my book you're doing great! 

Spencerella
on 11/18/15 10:32 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Scale back off to 118. Still in the scary zone but I think Steph's observation that there may be some swelling related to the accident - may explain the higher number  to some degree. 

My sprained hand is feeling a little better this morning and I'm not quite as sore in my upper body so I think I'm on the mend. However I developed some dizziness last night, which I still have today. DH thinks it could be related but I'm not convinced so will take a wait and see for that for today. Will get checked out if not better tomorrow. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

diane S.
on 11/18/15 10:51 am

Greetings all

Hey do see a doc on the dizziness.  Nothing to mess around with,Drink lots of water.

Well its sunny and beautiful and I get to celebrate by seeing the  dentist.  Yuck. 

still at 127. had hoped to be at 125 for 6 year thing but oh well.  no one points at me and says "fatso".

keep it up everyone. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/15 5:12 pm

I had to monitor a rehearsal for an assembly (SF Opera came in and did an condensed version of the Magic Flute for which I rehearsed student actors for the past month). I was not able to have my morning snack and I thought about trying to fit it in when I realized I was not really hungry, so I decided to just wait until lunch to eat. I attribute this 100% to VSG. Which brings me to the "grateful" part of my post.

I am truly grateful to have been lucky enough to get my sleeve. 100% covered by insurance (Okay, $20 copay), the process only took 4 months from first discussion with my PCP to being on the surgery table, and  what I have learned about myself because I took this path is invaluable, I am healthy and honestly have to remind myself what it was like to be obese. For this gift I am deeply thankful. 

Scale down 3/10 of a pound. GAWD it's taking time to lose my sugar inflammation weight! I think part of it may be constipation. I haven't gone in a few days. I think it may be time to start up on stool softeners again. Poop! literally and figuratively!