VSG Maintenance Group

Thursday. Nov 19 Weekend almost here

carbondated
on 11/19/15 6:22 am

morning everyone and welcome to the two people who signed up yesterday. We are anxious to hear your voices and that includes all of you lurkers.  

For sure nothing is happening from the scales perspective, but at least it is not going up.  Walked 6 miles yesterday and kept to THE PLAN.   Patience is a virtue so they say.

another biggish event this morning which involves speeches and the usual sweets.  Can do without both although may pass out from boredom with the speeches.

Kairk, the assembly sounds like fun.  Wanna trade days?

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/15 9:36 am

No way, Carbon! I have to say, I do have one of the better jobs that one can choose. Yes, it's not for everyone - that I know - but, every single day is new even though routines may be the same. Each year I get to know and learn about a whole new bunch of youngsters. It keeps me on my toes, feeling young and fresh. Being around children reminds me all the time how important it is to see the world through the eyes of children. They have a perspective that most adults unfortunately lose. 

Wyo_Sarah, how is your transition into maintenance going? I saw you joined the group. We'd love to hear from you. 

Scale went down again today another .7 so just a few more tenths of a pound to get back to last Friday's scale reading. I'm curious as to why it takes it takes triple the number of days to get the scale back to where it ought to be than it does to have it go up. I remember the first year post vsg that if I went up a couple pounds they were gone in a day or two. Now two days of off eating (and not that horrible at that) took 5 days to get even close to my low weight. I doubt that I'll be back at that low tomorrow, but I can hope. 

Cracker Jacks! Ron bought an 8.5 oz bag of Cracker Jacks while we were at the drug store getting batteries for my food scale. Did I stay out of those Cracker Jacks? Hell no.... What did I do? I dug for the peanuts, just like I did when I was little. Yes, I had some of the caramel covered popcorn, but I wanted those caramel covered peanuts! Oh, and Cracker Jacks are way, way sweeter than I remembered. Not a good choice for me as it started my sugar cravings pretty quickly, but I waited the cravings out and was able to deal with the rest of the night without getting back into the remnants of the Cracker Jacks which Ron left sitting on the counter. (I'm much better with the out of sight out of mind approach!) 

More parent conferences today. Have a clean food day planned. 

Happy Thursday, everyone!

Spencerella
on 11/19/15 10:02 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Scale is sticking at 118.  I still can't believe that number, but we know the scale gives us nothing but the facts.  Sticking to plan this week, which is all I can contribute to the number.  

Feeling better today,no dizziness and my hand is healing.  Have a good one

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/15 10:39 am, edited 11/19/15 2:39 am

Glad the dizziness has subsided. That was a bit worrisome! Thank heavens you were well protected and had the heavy leather jacket on, too. I tried to learn to ride the summer between 8th and 9th grade. I bit it so badly that that day was the end of my motorcycle endeavors. Now, what I would do on horseback scared the crap out of most of my friends! 

diane S.
on 11/19/15 10:42 am

hi all, up a half. think its due to the clouds and gloom. did a firing yesterday which usually is a workout.  scale does not agree.  but then scale is a piece of junk that has never eaten chocolate. so there. 

Kairk so great that you are so committed to teaching.  good on you. 

speeches and sweets.  recipe for a coma.      diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

momsy55
on 11/19/15 12:51 pm - ME

Hi All!  I was here earlier today, but got sidetracked, and I just now realized that I never read or posted anything. 

Linda, glad you're feeling better!

The scale was the same today, though yesterday was much better food wise.  Had some issues dealing with a sensitive/high maintenance/PMS 17 year old, but we managed to work it through by the end of the night.  I'm too old for this drama and I have another one coming up through the ranks, who is just at the beginning of the change in attitude that comes along with puberty.  Did I say I'm too old for this?  :)  In reality, I love them both to pieces and can't imagine life without them.

Kairk, it is so true that the scale seems to go up quickly, but takes its sweet time going down.  I'm glad you pointed that out, as it would be so easy to get discouraged and give up.  Carbon, it sounds like you're in the same boat.  It will happen for all of us, just not on our schedule.

Tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing.  I've been at the dance studio every night this week either to watch one of my kids or dance myself.  I don't have to go anywhere tonight, thank goodness.  Have a great evening!   Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180