VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » November 23 I thin...

November 23 I think. Brand new Monday. Thanksgiving almost here.

carbondated
on 11/23/15 6:50 am

Hello everyone.  I agree, eating bamboo leaves could be a solution.  Swaying gently in the breeze while chomping would make me sea-sick, so perhaps not.  

Congratulations Kairk on your jeans 'victory'.  Bell-ringing sounds like fun!  Glad that we all seem to have had a great weekend.

well, finally the scale has moved, this in spite of being way up in calories yesterday, 1465.  Am down 4 pounds so that is encouraging.  ( got on the thing three times to make quite sure )

will you get a 1/2 day off on Wednesday, before this Thursday?  Thursday of course is your wonderful celebration and then Black Friday.  We have adopted Black Friday up here and for one chain it stared the " deals " last week.

have a wonderful day.  

Spencerella
on 11/23/15 8:56 am, edited 11/23/15 1:05 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Red panda is home yay! Kairk has a new jeans size yay! Carbon is down 4 yay!!! And I'm down a solid 2 pounds to 116 :-). Scale waivered at 115 but I didn't claim it because I don't think it will stick. But I feel closer! 

I've been longing for the halcyon days of dieting for what felt like a moment of dieting and dropping 3 or 4 pounds but it's becoming clear that time is over. Like SO over.  And with it goes that carefree period where I could indulge without much of a lasting consequence. Bummer.

Now I get to decide if a week of indulgences are worth the consequence of a couple of months of dieting to get that weight off.  Yup, I must think long and hard before wandering too far out of the playground.

I had a good run but now I must adjust. Getting my head around that has been a downer, but I think I'm starting to feel more comfortable with it.  I'm still committed to staying in diet mode until I see 114.  Judging by what it's taken to so far, it's going to take some time.  So I have to settle in for that.  

Good news is I didn't do enough damage to make any significant difference in my clothing size.  Money is a lot tighter than it has been for a long time so purchasing a bigger size would have had more than an emotional consequence.  I'm thankful I've spared myself that boatload of guilt.

I love this beautiful surgically created tool I was granted in this life.  I choose to honor it and myself today.  And I'm sending blessings to all of you too. 

EDIT should have added that for Diane, Kairk Steph and anyone else who checks in today,  here's hoping gravitational pull is in your favor today too!!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

diane S.
on 11/23/15 10:51 am

yay carbon, down 4.  think your scale was stuck or just having memory issues? oh well love it.   everyone is down but me. i am up a half. boo hoo.  maybe i will go to the zoo and see the red panda just to cheer up. haven't been there in years.  Oh, hubby just told me she is in quarantine after her adventure.  

but tis the big grocery run today and lots of business stuff for the galleries. still trying to clean up the house. 

I HATE  black friday and gotta find something for the nephew and girlfriend to do. maybe movies or wine tasting if its raining.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/15 2:47 pm

Carbon, patience paid off! YAY!!!  You really deserve to see that change on the scale. I'm so, so happy for you. 

Linda, I hear you on all counts! There is no more rapid, my-metabolism-is-in-hyper-drive type of weight loss for us this far out. And for this wonderful tool that keeps hunger at bay and my capacity greatly reduced, I, too, am so, so thankful! 

Scale was back down to where it should be - so down a pound from yesterday and back at Friday's new low. 

I went to the new grunt gym yesterday afternoon and enjoyed my time there. I really just wanted to get a feel for the place so I did 2.8 miles on the elliptical, burned a few hundred calories, did some stretching and took note of where they keep what. It was very clear to me that this place is about building strength, not necessarily muscle bulk, but honest to God strong healthy bodies. I'm hoping I end up liking it a lot more than the big gym I've been going to the past 3.5 years. 

Saturday was a turning point for me. I don't feel fat anymore. I still have weight to lose, but being back in an acceptable size jean that fits properly has done wonders for my self perception. I "feel" lighter. 

Looking forward to the week. Conferences are done and I get to work in peace and quiet tomorrow. Then I have all of Wednesday off and of course, the long weekend. 

Hope everyone is feeling as good as I do today!